The Kirby Topic (Nintendo)

Even if you narrowed down your abilities to purely iconic ones (which would still bring you to like 9 or 10), it would be incredibly difficult to create individual rosters for them. With its 7 base powers, 64 had 35 powers, and those only did one thing. It’s just not feasible to have more than that.

I’m assuming that you’ve never seen MK unmasked before.

Their faces are nigh identical to each other. MK’s wings have been proven to be a transformation of his cape, and as such are not part of his body. His arms are longer, but that’s an incredibly small detail that really doesn’t matter imo.

The anime is in a completely separate continuity, so it doesn’t really matter in this instance.

Pretty sure he was evil, but current canon says that he’s alive and redeemed. He’s appeared in a few spinoffs since.

2 Likes

I always thought it was just that he was wearing gloves so they make them separate from the actual body.

2 Likes

I always thought that he was controlled by the crown’s magic from the beginning (and possibly greed as well), and then couldn’t control it. This would make sense, considering he tries to redeem himself through the dream collection’s amusement park thing (which I’m p sure is canon).

1 Like

Also isn’t Kirby confirmed to be very young?(I’ve heard him called a baby, but I think that’s more a relative term to his species living an extremely long time)
Maybe the stubby arms are related to that as well? Like their arms grow longer as they age or something?
Idk, is that stupid?

2 Likes

That’s possible, but I dunno. He seems preeeeetty evil at the end of RtDl.

He is very young in the anime, but I’m not sure his age is ever brought up in the games.

2 Likes

The only thing confirmed in the games is that:

• Kirby is squishy
  • Kirby eats stuff and gets powers from it.
  • Kirby is pink.

That’s really about it.

4 Likes

I’ve only played SSBB twice and I never have played the campaign.

They really don’t. The truth is that I just got to Sectonia in Triple Deluxe and fell in love with the music. I wanted to see her return even though I had completely forgotten her clone in Planet Robobot.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G
Zero. Nothing. Eh?[quote=“Political_Slime, post:78, topic:12583”]
I’d love to see Yo-Yo come back.
[/quote]

I don’t even think you have to say that. I completely agree.[quote=“Political_Slime, post:78, topic:12583”]
Ziti and Mirror were hands down my favorites in SS and SSU.
[/quote]

Yeah that too. Wait, Ziti? Gimme a second to look that up.

What the heck ziti is a kind of pasta.

1 Like

so apparently

my phone sees me type “yo-yo” and thinks “oh no he must mean ziti”

2 Likes

enough said

5 Likes

D E E P L O R E

Seriously, I wish Nintendo would just Hyrule historia all their games, having to piece together the most basic lore ourselves is a pain.

2 Likes

I think for certain franchises, like Zelda or Metroid, having something like that works. But with Kirby, I dunno. I kinda like how its plot has always taken a backseat to the fun nature and world of the games.

3 Likes

What, like metroid?

I’m not saying I want cinematic cutscenes with massive plot/lore dumps *cough other m cough, just that I’d like Nintendo to sort the lore out for those who care to have official info to go off.

At least Kirby isn’t like Mario where the lore is pretty inconsistent.

1 Like

Proven… In Smash Bros.? Because while that states it for the convenience of transforming the character model, Meta Knight has thrown off his cape in actual Kirby titles to reveal his wings (a memorable example is RtDL).

Perhaps originally, but… He’s totally noodle-armed. Guy needs to stop skipping arm day. Like rly.[quote=“Political_Slime, post:82, topic:12583”]
His arms are longer, but that’s an incredibly small detail that really doesn’t matter imo.
[/quote]

And he has thumbs.[quote=“Payinku, post:85, topic:12583, full:true”]
Also isn’t Kirby confirmed to be very young?(I’ve heard him called a baby, but I think that’s more a relative term to his species living an extremely long time)
Maybe the stubby arms are related to that as well? Like their arms grow longer as they age or something?
Idk, is that stupid?
[/quote]

Human babies tend to have all their body parts grown enough when they are born. For Kirby to grow fingers later is… Bringing up a very disturbing line of thought, so no. Somehow his blob hands can hold weapons, so I think he’s good.[quote=“Chronicler, post:87, topic:12583”]
The only thing confirmed in the games is that:

Kirby is squishy
Kirby eats stuff and gets powers from it.
Kirby is pink.
[/quote]

YOU FORGOT THE FACT THAT HE IS THE CUTEST EVER[quote=“Hautaka, post:88, topic:12583”]
N-O-T-H-I-N-G
Zero. Nothing. Eh?
[/quote]

It’s been confirmed
I has the stupid[quote=“Payinku, post:91, topic:12583”]
having to piece together the most basic lore ourselves is a pain.
[/quote]

I think “does Kirby have thumbs” is pretty simple imo. Go piece together Skyrim and get back to me when you’re done.[quote=“Political_Slime, post:92, topic:12583, full:true”]
I think for certain franchises, like Zelda or Metroid, having something like that works. But with Kirby, I dunno. I kinda like how its plot has always taken a backseat to the fun nature and world of the games.
[/quote]

Right.

Mario doesn’t need a timeline, superimposing plot (at least outside of paper mario), or any sort of macguffins to advance story - only gameplay. There’s a simple simplistic Kirby timeline, though - the order the games released. Nintendo has only excluded minigames and spin-off bigger versions of minigames or etc., although most general spinoffs try to stay coherent.

Kirby games are masterful puzzles within themselves, and aside from familiarity and chronology they don’t force it on future titles.[quote=“Payinku, post:93, topic:12583”]
the lore
[/quote]
Look, Kirby gets attacked by a bunch of space pirate mice stealing his cake and accidentally release a dark star who does evil. Boom, plot of Squeak Squad done and over with.

It’s not that hard, really. Disregard the anime and theories are very scarce.

1 Like

Kirby might look cute, but that’s deceptive.

He’s secretly a death machine that eats everyone and every thing in his path.

5 Likes

I suppose, but just look at some of the big bads of Dreamland, they’re just as terrifying. It’s survival of the fittest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What? You have something wrong with this?

Rated E for eek!

2 Likes

sinful.

3 Likes

y-you too?

Edit:
New story pitch: Kirby is sleeping in his bed until Meta Knight swoops in and snatches him from his home. As they fly in the sky, Kirby stares below to see the trees shrinking and lands shifting. They finally make it to Dedede’s castle but the architecture changes into ancient styles. They are too late to save Dedede and Popstar has transformed to a prehistoric state.
I don’t know who the new villain would be, but he/she would be in possession of a magical stopwatch that can transform worlds into past or future appearances. Kirby needs to get the stopwatch and revert time to present day.
My plan was to make this the exact opposite of Planet Robobot. Instead of Popstar transforming into a futuristic world, it will transform into a prehistoric world. Just imagine the cavemen Waddle Dees!

3 Likes

Kirby is basically the go-to character wise.

Smash bros. Smash 64… Oh man Kirby.
Good fun games.
Nice minigames.
Fun with the family.
Another reason to possibly her a switch if a game comes out.
All that good stuff.

1 Like