The last Toa Chapter 2: The Flames of Despair

The dragon was flying closer and closer, until suddenly, a beam of electricity hit the dragon in its head, forcing him to fly away. It was Ezetriz, which shot the beam from his gun. He then moved his head to see Un’Jaguk, the Toa of Metal.
Ezetriz: Let’s see you kid! The first one who takes down the dragon will be the leader!
And saying this, he jumped out of the balcony, felling into a cart full of wheat.
Kovaan: This is going to be fun!
And Kovaan jumped out as well, with Gurby on his way. Pohatu put his hand on Un’Jaguk’s shoulder.
Pohatu: This is not the time for a competition!
Un’Jaguk: I know! But if I don’t show to Ezetriz that I am able to lead you, he will always laugh of me!
So he jumped away as well. Leekkahu prepared himself to jump too, when Lhijaro stopped him.
Lhijaro: Wait! Don’t do this.
Leekkahu: Why? I don’t want to miss all the fun!
Lhijaro: You don’t understand! That monster is the one responsible for the death of my team! We call it Ehverin, which in our dialect means ‘The Bane of Matoran’.
Pohatu: That’s crazy!
Lhijaro: Neither Ezetriz or Un’Jaguk can’t stop him! He has only one weak point! The point between his wings!
Pohatu: Then let’s do this. Lhijaro, Leekkahu, you two help Un’Jaguk, Exetriz, Kovaan and Gurby. I’ll try to get on the back on this thing and kill it.
The two Toa nodded and jumped out of the balcony, while Pohatu entered in the remains of his castle.

Meanwhile, Ezetriz was keep hitting the dragon in his head with big lightning bolts. Un’Jaguk was sitting at a distance, trying to think at an attack.
Ezetriz: What’s the matter, Un’Jawhat? You are too afraid to fight the dragon? You said you wanted to be the leader!
Kovaan started to laugh. He was riding Gurby around the dragon, shooting Ice blasts from his sword. Un’Jaguk was furious. He raised his arms, and started to concentrate. Suddenly, the small iron objects around him started to float, from nails and scrap metals to weapons and masks. None of the other Toa observed this. In the end, Lhijaro and Leekkahu arrived. Lhijaro used his gravity powers to throw Leekkahu towards the beast. When he was close enough by the beast’s head, Leekkahu swigged his hammer in the air and a wall of solid sound hit the dragon in his head.
Meanwhile, Pohatu was now on the top of a tower of his castle.
Pohatu: I hope this will work!
And he jumped out on a window. A pair of two wooden wings folded out as Pohatu was adjusting his battle glider.
Pohatu: By Ekimu! It still works! Now, for Ehverin!
As Pohatu was flying towards the dragon, Ehverin started to throw away massive pillars of fire, incinerating houses and villagers, trying to kill the Toa. Un’jaguk was hiding at a safe place, with a huge cloud of iron made objects above his head.
Un’Jaguk: I think it is big enough.
He put together his hands and suddenly the cloud started to shape like a huge sphere of metal objects. At this time, Pohatu already arrived on the back of the dragon, and he was climbing to the wings. Ehverin felt him, and tried to shake him away. He opened his mouth and started to scream. Right then Un’Jaguk used his powers to throw the iron sphere to the dragon. He hit Ehverin in the chest, which didn’t hurt the dragon, but made Pohatu to fell down.
Pohatu felled in the remains of an incinerated building. He was dizzy, and couldn’t move. Un’Jaguk, Ezetriz and the other Toa saw him felling in the building, and they started to run towards it, but Ehverin used his tail to throw them all away. It then looked in the building, and recognized Pohatu. The dragon remembered that Teridax told him to bring the Toa alive, so he used his claws to catch the dizzy Toa. He then flew away, towards the mountain of Ferga Magna.
The five remaining Toa gathered in a destroyed street.
Lhijaro: Ehverin! He took Pohatu!
Ezetriz: And this is only your fault!
The Toa said, looking mad at Un’Jaguk.
Un’Jaguk: Mine?
Ezetriz: Of course! You are the one who threw that iron sphere! Pohatu was captured because of you!
Un’Jaguk: That’s not true!
He was ready to hear Pohatu protecting him, but Pohatu wasn’t there anymore. He looked at the other Toa. Kovaan, Lhijaro and Leekkahu, all of them were looking at him, and Un’Jaguk could understand that they were thinking the same way as Ezetriz. Even Gurby was growling angry looking at him.
Un’Jaguk: I’m… Sorry…
Ezetriz: Sorry? Sorry! This is what you’ve said when your ex-team died? Sorry? Well you are not excused! It’s getting late! Tomorrow, we will go to rescue Poahtu, under my command!
Un’Jaguk didn’t know what to say. Maybe he was right. Maybe everybody was dieing or was captured just because of him. And now Ezetriz won. The jerk won. But was he really a jerk? Or was he right? Un’Jaguk didn’t know.
So he just ran away, on the destroyed streets of the city.

This is the second chapter of the collab between me and @Xorizeghian. Hope you enjoyed!

2 Likes