The Last Toa S1 Chapter 4: Unity

The fourth chapter of my story made in collaboration with @Xorizeghian and @Guymontag. Enjoy!

Un’Jaguk woke up and realised that his face was wet. After waking up, and realised that he slept in dirty water all the night.
Un’Jaguk: Slag! I want my bed back!
Xoriez: We got used to it…
Un’Jaguk looked at Xoriez. They were alone inside the room, meaning that the other two were in their rooms.
Xoriez: Good morning.
Un’Jaguk: Good morning, Xoriez…
Xoriez: Are you hungry?
Un’Jaguk: No, thanks…
Un’Jaguk looked at Xoriez, who was eating some soup.
Un’Jaguk: Tell me, Xoriez, how you ended up here?
Xoriez: I? Long story… For short, I used to live in a regular neighbourhood. Both of my parents were Matorans of Gravity. You know how the Gravity Okotoans differentiate by the other Matorans: they are stronger and faster. Well… I was the puniest… This is why I ran away, and that’s how I found Curnoi…
Un’Jaguk: What about him? He seemed to hate me.
Xoriez: Yeah… He is more delicate… Remember the sand demons?
Un’Jaguk: The ones we found when we came here?
Xoriez: Yes, the ones that you thought are innocent Rahi and that turned out to be Matoran eating monsters. They killed Curnoi’s whole family when he was younger. Since then he kinda hates you.
Un’Jaguk: But… But…
Curnoi: But what, Toa?
Curnoi entered in the room. Un’Jaguk looked at him, surprised and guilty.
Un’Jaguk: I’m sorry for your loss.
Curnoi: You spent a whole night here. After Xoriez finishes the food, you will leave.

The new named Toa Chrana, led by Ezetriz and containing Lhijaro, Leekkahu, Kovaan and the Rahi Gurby, were walking in the abrupt mountains of the island of Chrana Magna. Lhijaro was feeling guilty after Un’Jaguk ran away. He look down at the crevasse not too far away by them.
Lhijaro: This place is pretty… High… Are you sure that Ehverin brought Pohatu here?
Ezetriz: You saw it with your own eyes! He went to the mountains! He must be around.
Leekkahu: Hey! What’s that?
The Toa of Sound was pointing to the ruins of Pohatu’s old castle, standing in ruins, dusted, with a few burned trees around. It was the first building the Toa have seen for hours. After finally seeing a building, Gurby ran towards it, happy. Kovaan followed his Rahi pet.
Ezetriz: Where are you going?
Kovaan: Come on, man! Gurby is right! We need a break!
Lhijaro: He is right. We are exhausted. Plus, Pohatu may be there!

Un’Jaguk finished the stew Xoriez made. He looked at the Matoran: Xoriez preferred not to look at him, knowing that it was the time for the Toa to leave. Jhoreik just woke up. He didn’t even knew about the conversation between the Toa and the other two. Curnoi had his arms folded at his chest. Un’Jaguk was thinking at the other Toa. He couldn’t defeat the dragon Ehverin all by himself. Suddenly, he had a crazy idea.
Un’Jaguk: Curnoi, I know you don’t like me. I also know that you three are some warriors! Please, I need your help.
Curnoi opened his eyes widely, then started to laugh.
Un’Jaguk: Please! I see enough weapons and equipment in this room! I need your help!
Curnoi: Listen Toa, I already helped you by welcoming you here. Is time to leave!
Un’Jaguk looked around. Jhoreik seemed a little confused. Xoriez seemed guilty.
Un’Jaguk: Fine. But if Ehverin will return after we will fail, I hope you will be able to protect yourself.
And then he left the room and entered back in the dark sewage.

The Toa entered in the dark castle. Some walls were broken, and the interior was devastated. They’ve never heard what happened to the castle, so they couldn’t explain the damage.
Suddenly, a being like a Toa stepped forward from the shadows.
Leekkahu: Pohatu?
The being stepped forward. Instead of orange burned armor he had black and gold armor. His whole body seemed a little transparent, and his whole body had a purple tent. The Toa could recognize the being everywhere and in any form.
Ezetriz: Teridax!
Teridax: You came for your puny leader, Pohatu?
Lhijaro: Where is he, Makuta?
Teridax: Oh, come closer! Come closer! Pohatu is here, safe and healthy! And soon you will join him!
Suddenly, a pair of red glowing eyes opened in the air, above Teridax. The eyes got bigger, while Ehverin’s huge head was exiting from the shadows.

Un’Jaguk was lost in the sewage, thinking at the things that happened in the last two days: a new team, a dragon attack, and he slept with some outcast Matoran in a secret room in the sewerage. And he was also lost in the ugliest place in the whole island. Suddenly, he heard a weird noise and heard steps approaching. He turned and drew his sword.
Un’Jaguk: Who’s there?
A few silhouettes exited the shadows. It was the three Matorans. And they were not alone: Curnoi was riding a small red speeder with two huge turbines, Xoriez was on the back of a huge four legged spider-like monster with two pairs of sharp teeth exiting his mouth. Next to the two there was Jhoreik, with a creature like beast, similar looking to Melum, but with golden armor, and two sharp claws instead of arms.
Un’Jaguk: What are you doing here?
Curnoi: Well, for first, we decided to help you get out of here.
Xoriez cleared his throat.
Curnoi: Fine! And we… We decided to help you with your dragon problem. Xoriez convinced me.
Un’Jaguk smiled thankfully to the three, especially to Xoriez.
Un’Jaguk: Thank you guys, I appreciate. But what are those beasts and what is that vehicle?
Curnoi: These are our equipments! We were keeping them in our rooms. This beautiful speeder is the Corveta T8, but I prefer to call it the Hover Grex. That big spider mess is Klaud, Xoriez’s pet, and that little Rahi is Duku: Jhoreik Rahi pet. Now come on! Jump on the second seat of the Grex until I change my mind! We have a Toa Team to find!