Now that we reached 10.000 supporters and the project is out of our hands, I think it's about time we shift to discussion to the ultimate question: Will LEGO approve it?
Based on a little research I have done, here is what I came up with:
Reasons why they could approve it:
- It reached the support it needed incredibly fast... That might convince them that there is indeed a demand for it.
- It's based of an original IP, so they wouldn't have to go trough the trouble of licensing.
- Most of the projects that were rejected before didn't make it because of licensing issues, being made of way to many pieces, or simply not working is set format... Our project doesn't seem to have any of those issues.
- Projects with a specific target audience have been approved before, suggesting that ours could be in the same way.
- Two official LEGO designers (Nick Vas and Toothdominoes) have shown their support for it, potentially influencing LEGO into approving it.
Reasons why it may not be approved:
- They wouldn't think it will sell well.
- It has to compete against 6 other projects, which all have an equal chance of getting approved, and the maximum amount of projects that got approved in one review season up to this point was 3.
- G2's failure may contribute to the decision, as we have seen with Bionicle's removal from The LEGO Movie 2.
So yeah, it's really hard to tell what it's going to happen, but based on those, I'll give it a fifty-fifty chance of being approved. What do you think? Did I miss anything?