The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories

Of course that could be. I myself would not like it that much. But to be honest there much more Ninjago fans out there than Bionicle fans. If Lego is more interested in profit the company could do it that way and would maybe make more money out of it.
Edit: I don’t even mean that they make a crossover set, but several sets for nostalgia themes with the same display concept.

2 Likes

I think they owe it to bionicle to at least do some sort of polybag to commemorate the 20 anniversary. They have done it for other themes! And last I checked, those themes didn’t bring them out of bankruptcy!

4 Likes

For what themes did they? I really don’t know.
The only examples I can think of are Star Wars and Technic. Were there other ones?

1 Like

they have an entire line of ninjago remakes, and a new promotional set of the 1980’s train

2 Likes

Oh, out of all I forgot the one my arguments are based on, ok😶. But there is one thing about them. Either the themes are interesting for the wider AFOL community or the themes are still running.
Neither of that fits to Bionicle, so in the end who knows. There never was something like Bionicle. I guess this now just a game of wait and see.

2 Likes

I really wouldn’t expect LEGO to go out of their way to “add” anything to the set. Special features, mini figures, and collectibles have been the exception in LEGO Ideas, not the norm. Bionicle may have been an _exception_al theme, but with such an intricate and incredible build, there isn’t really a need for anything to be added. It’s really complete on its own, and requesting additional references/features almost seems greedy. We’re already asking so much from LEGO just to make this a set, we shouldn’t ask for more.

7 Likes

For Ninjago, it would only be 10 years as opposed to 20. Plus, including Ninjago would totally defeat the purpose of a Bionicle-dedicated set.

What’s MOUP? I feel like it’s an acronym for something…oh, wait, Mask Of Ultimate Power, right.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to say that these should be one set, what I had in mind were a couple of similar sets alongside this project in a kind of one-year-mini-theme with other themes that have storytelling as a part of it. Not many, but at least one for Ninjago because of its anniversary. Or a Lego store exclusive minifig series of figures from these old themes. Something to expand upon the idea of the Lego “storytelling” anniversary. And like I said unlikely, but by no means impossible. And if G2 would get a smaller portayal there no one would bother. My first post was not very clear about that. Sorry.

4 Likes

It’s fine. At least you elaborated in this post.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they do that. I always thought that the Legacy sets came a couple years to early. To remake the theme’s “greatest hits…” wouldn’t it make more sense to do that for a tenth anniversary?

5 Likes

My 10k Club interview is now on Lego ideas.
Check it out for more info about me, my project and my story

15 Likes

Well, it’s May now. From the many discussions we’ve had about this Ideas set, the general consensus is that the review period will probably end in May 2020. Obviously, we have no way of knowing exactly when in May it’ll be. It could be tomorrow, or next week, or at the end of the month. But my nerves are amounting. I’ve prepared myself that Lego will reject this Ideas set, but I’ve read some good points in its favor. I’m just so conflicted about this.

Hopefully we’ll get an answer soon…

3 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of people say that the review period would end sometime in early June… So we’ve still got at least one mouth until the results come out.

3 Likes

I should not of read this. It’s sooner than I expected so these are gonna be slow weeks.

2 Likes

Yeah according to the calender it should be in May, but the last announcement was not in the month the calender said (it was in he month after). With everything going on in the world I think it is very likely it will be a bit later, but theoretically it could be very soon yes.

4 Likes

I know I may be being more optimistic than is due, but I feel that getting an interview is a good sign. It shows that LEGO isn’t going to simply shove this under the rug and pretend like it never existed, regardless of what happens.

Out of curiosity, do you know the results before us, or do we all find out at the same time?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure every member of the 10k club gets a review of their set though.

6 Likes

Yeah everyone who gets 10k gets an interview, sadly that doesn’t mean anything.

Sorry I think it’s better if I don’t say anything about behind the scenes stuff, don’t want to cause any trouble. I hope you understand. (Also don’t try to interpret this one way or the other :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Aw, man
Yeah, I’m not super familiar with how the whole process works outside of what the site tells you, so thanks for letting me know.

No, it’s fine, I was just wondering if you’re going to struggle with keeping a great joy/dismay to yourself for weeks ahead of time or something.

2 Likes

The first 2020 Gathering Support Stage just closed with 26 projects… which is the biggest amount projects in a single review stage up to this point. We are lucky that our project isn’t in such a crowded review stage.
And since the review stage for 2020 just started, we can expect to see the results for the third 2019 Review Stage (which includes our project) pretty soon.

5 Likes

Looks like you’ve got just2good’s support. Out of all the projects, he thinks this has the best chance of going through review

7 Likes