The LEGO Batman Movie

I saw it yesterday, and it was great. :+1:
Spoiler alert

they rickrolled the entire audience it was amazing

4 Likes

I didnā€™t realize that they had done that till my friend whispered it to me.

Yo so i saw this last night
twas really good,i like how it focused alot around batmanā€™s feelings n stuff

2 Likes

For those who havenā€™t seen this yet. Just goes to show you that a movie can be so good that it makes parts of a not so good movies a million times better.

5 Likes

ā€¦YES.

3 Likes

How does that work so well

1 Like

So I just finished watching this with my dad and
#OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOSH I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

I love just about everything about this movie. Though I do have a few gripes. But before I go into those, Iā€™m going to talk about one of the bigger positives. That being this song.

I love this song into infinity! Seriously, DC, make this Bat Manā€™s official theme song. This is the best thing ever!

Now that I got that out of the way, here are my complaints. I have two.

1. They didnā€™t use lego for everything.
    This is the one area where this movie falls short of the original Lego Movie. Things like smoke and clouds arenā€™t made of Lego. But what really ticked me off, is the fact that they used ACTUAL WATER!

2. (And this is the big one) The greatest missed opportunity in the history of cinema.
    Lego, can we talk? In your time of near bankruptcy, what line saved you? What theme pulled you from the ashes and made you the titan that you are to day? And donā€™t pretend the answer is Star Wars, 'cause it isnā€™t. No, the answer is Bionicle. And you make sure to acknowledge this whenever you can, like in the first Lego Movie. And thatā€™s great! Now when you create an inter-dimensional super prison housing all of he greatest lego super villains of all time, WHERE THE (FWEE) IS MAKUTA!!! You literally could not have had a more perfect set up, and you wasted it. I am very disappointed in you lego. For shame.

5 Likes

This is actually pretty cool and solves some small questions about the movie. I wish they used them all, except for that Mayor song scene. They shouldā€™ve just kept it in without the song, and played the scene after Batman revealed he was pretending to be the Mayor.

4 Likes

FINALLY I seen it, and itā€™s was pretty funny. Also I agree with @MaxinePrimal on Makuta should have been a random villain in the Phantom Zone, who else needing to be at the Phantom Zone, Vladek and Ogel.

3 Likes

We needed more original Lego villains. I get that they were trying to do the whole pop culture thing but if it were Lego villains things would be more unique. It would make audiences want to explore further into these obscure villains that they donā€™t know about.

3 Likes

The thing with original LEGO villains is that they only get them right part of the time. One the one end of the spectrum, you have Makuta, probably their greatest villain. But you have to balance that with their less successful villains, like Jestro (Iā€™m not a fan of him).

2 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I find Jestro to be the only likeable character in the Nexo Knights cartoon.

1 Like

I like non-evil Jestro. Evil Jestro is just an annoying dimwit.

1 Like

Saw this again on a flight. Enjoyed it just as much.

1 Like

Is it just me or is this theme going overkill with sets too far past the movieā€™s release.

I hope the Ninjago Movie doesnā€™t do this, also another minifigure series?

3 Likes

As I recall, they did the same (minus the extra series) with TLM. And honestly, I donā€™t really see the problem, these figures are spectacular.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind it at all.

The LEGO Batman Movie sets have been some of the best products from LEGO in 2017 largely due to the fantastic builds, designs, and figs. IMO, more TLBM only means that thereā€™s just going to be more great stuff on store shelves.

2 Likes

Woah, and a D2C set? Iā€™m a little surprised by that. The LEGO Movie did the same thing with the ā€œoverkillā€ sets but they didnā€™t have an extra late D2C set in addition. Iā€™m curious what it will be.

The Lego Movie didnā€™t release sets we didnā€™t need like Harleyā€™s Truck and Eggheadā€™s mech. Thatā€™s what brought me on for ā€˜overkill,ā€™ as is, emphasizing on the whole obscure villains thing with the sets either though those sets barely appeared in the movie and that the obscure villains were a cover up for the real weirdos.

Iā€™d like to mention that, despite the fact that are obscure, people do like them, and I for one am ecstatic to get figures like Catman and Red Hood (Joker), and sets with obscure villains as the focus. Iā€™m sick and tired of set after set of the same villains, such as Joker, Penguin, Bane, Two-Face, or any of the other A list villains. Sure, we did get sets for those characters, but the set with Penguin had a spectacular vehicle, the set with Bane had the Mutant Leader, a character in one of the best Batman stories of all time, and the Two-Face figure is one of Billy Dee Williams, a glorious reference. The minor villains getting some spotlight for a change is great, if you want the main bad guys, you already have it, even with the non-Batman villains.