The Lego Movie 2, The Second Part

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/998581096722960385?s=21

As time move on, this deserve to merits it’s own discussion topic. (and fall under site rule)

pls dont overhaul the sets with license figures, lego

22 Likes

Hype.

3 Likes

Fixed the title for ya

I have to say I’m pretty excited for this

4 Likes

Eh, i liked the closure of the first one. I don’t like many sequels where the first movie has closure.

1 Like

They should have named it “The LEGO Sequel.” XD.

1 Like

I’m a bit concerned for this film mainly due to directors being switched in and out. Having a change in directors usually drastically changes the creative direction due to stylistic and artistic decisions and things get a bit messy.

Currently the director is Mike Mitchell, and I’ve found movies that he’s directed alone are not well received. I think they have the same writers for this movie as the original LEGO movie, but I’m not sure if this movie is going to be any good.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, though. I know practically nothing about how film or media production works. All I’m going off of are assumptions and media coverage on this film.

2 Likes

I’m always excited for another Lego movie. Especially a continuation of the original.

Top three things I want to see in this, from most wanted to least.

1. Another Bionicle cameo. Hopefully a bit longer/bigger/more substantial one.

2. The conclusion to the duplo cliffhanger at the end of the first one.

3. A better title.

7 Likes
  1. That’d be fun
  2. Not likely… I think that was one of those questions that doesn’t need an answer
  3. Again, not likely.

The LEGO Sequel: Age of MegaBlox

7 Likes

I also hope this’ll remind everyone Metal Beard exists. I loved him in the first movie.

Oh yes

ironically I had almost forgotten about him

Who?

The conclusion to the duplo cliffhanger at the end of the first one.

^This right here

5 Likes

That would be great.

1 Like

I am extremely hesitant about this.

1 Like

I think I should wait until the trailer to see how hesitant I should be.

1 Like

act like it’s Shrek 3. If it doesn’t introduce any new characters, tell any “meaningful” story, or have a “good” villain, just don’t count it.

eh not that excited

There are three possibilities: it could be as good as the first two, it could be just okay like TLNM, or it could be terrible. I’m hoping for the former.

2 Likes

If its terrible we can always make ironic memes about it so I think we’re fine on both ends.

1 Like

But there hasn’t really been a bad Lego movie yet. I have no reason to believe this one will be any worse than the others.

2 Likes