The Lego Movie 2, The Second Part

Well

0:09 - 0:17 This part basically describes Bionicle and Ninjago fans after both G2 and The Ninjago Movie.

5 Likes

lol not gonna lie the teaser did not disappoint me.

(also if there’s no bionicle I’m gonna riot)
(also also, so glad Phil and Chris are back on this at least as producers)

1 Like

They’re actually writers as well.

1 Like

hail denmark.

3 Likes

After viewing the trailer a few times, I have pieced together a theory for what I think the plot of The Lego Movie 2 sill revolve around.

Right from the get-go of the trailer, Wildstyle says that a lifetime has passed since the original movie. This implies that people have grown up, including the young boy from the first film. Now that he’s older, my guess is he doesn’t play with his/his father’s Lego bricks that often. That’s why all the minifigures and the like are in such a desolate wasteland; they’re unused and must survive on their own.

Now, within this passing time, the boy’s younger sister has also grown older and now she plays with more age-appropriate sets for her (hence, the mini-doll figure), rather than Duplo. My guess is that she is taking her brother’s toys and adding them to her own collection (Emmett’s friends being captured by the mystery mini-doll and being transported to a more pink and white colored setting).

In short, I think that The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, will revole around the concept of growing up, and passing what you love to the next generation.

What are your thoughts about the plot of The Lego Movie 2?

7 Likes

It was stated that the Movie takes place 5 years after the first one. The Boy is 13 years old now and the Girl is most likely at the age of 8 or so.

And that is where I start to unlike the direction of the movie. The mix of harsh styled Mad Max vibe with apocalyptic visuals then suddenly the characters gets pulled out to an all girly and a too colorful “system” for whatever reasons, eaither to “save them” or to just show them around but since it is planned to be an opera, I’m concerned that most of the songs of the movie will be about this girly environment set up and while I get it that they try to show the possible differences between the two gender’s general playing methods and ways, I feel its sort of an overdo of the original message how it’s supposed to be.
Also, when she called Emmet a “hapless male”, I right away felt the sign of the feminist part of story which hopefully won’t be unfold in the rest of the movie because I don’t want any to see any noticable trait of either political or self imagined, forced human principles about gender equality instead of implementing it in the proper way with the right message at the end movie which could be simply:

1 Like

Uh I would bet that Finn is about 10 years old in the sequel taking place, but his sister could be the same age that he was in the first Lego movie.

not too excited for the movie but finally POST-APOCALYPTIC LEGO SETS and I love the new Wyldstyle !!!

wish there were monsters to fight in it but not likely e.g zombies, outrider like hive aliens, fallout raiders

while not a feminist I would agree Sweet Mayhem’s use of the term “hapless” fits Emmet very well

yeah not for me I thought G2 and the ninjago movie were good except the guys in shark suits I mean really after all the amazing villains in the past then they finally get a big screen appearance and that"s your enemy?!! I mean even the biker gang is better than that!!!

well at least they put skeletons and serpentine in my favorite part

would love that but seeing as the 2 brands are competing with each other so not likely

Sjgkdirsj FeMiNiSm!1!1!1!1!1 /s

Really tho, you have to rewatch the First Movie again. I just did a few days ago and I couldn’t pass the scene where that “hapless male” literally sacraficed himself in a situation which seemed to be hopeless to get out but he did for his friends, not the mention the EPIC final fight scene where he became a Master Builder and built that awesome lookin’ Mech with ONE hand ( he held the piece of resistance in the other ) plus he ended the fight by finding the middle ground with President Business in a way that noone else could. So by the end everyone was satisfied. How is that from a “hapless male”? I feel like people are forgetting his character development he gained through the movie ever since the alien girl said that he “didn’t fight as much” or even didn’t fight at all with “warrior stuff” which is not true, just look back at the epic ending battle I mentioned. Sure he seems like to be the same Emmet from the beggining of the first movie but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the character development anymore from the previous movie. He’s just trying to stay positive still when everything went downhill around him and that is something admirable and funny at the same time, making his character still entertaining and interesting and I believe there will be more character development for him to discover for this movie.

4 Likes

It wasn’t meant to not be cheesy… I mean cmon it’s sharks.[quote=“lordvaldek671, post:50, topic:44889”]
POST-APOCALYPTIC LEGO SETS
[/quote]
Yes[quote=“lordvaldek671, post:50, topic:44889”]
would love that but seeing as the 2 brands are competing with each other so not likely
[/quote]
That was a joke…

I found it rather… fishy. :fish:

2 Likes

Puns… too… many… punssss…

While you’re totally right, I think the point might be that the doll person (whatever her official name and title are) is wrong. She seems to be a warrior, sees Wildstyle as a fellow warrior, and doesn’t understand why the warrior let the not-warrior do the fighting. So her comment is made without all of the context that you stated.

Aaanyways, I’m excited for this movie. The trailer points to it being just as silly and fun at the first, and that’s what I want to see.

THANK YOU! I don’t understand everyone taking these movies so seriously! Yeah, they have their moments (epic mech scenes, cool character designs, and well animated fight scenes), but they aren’t serious movies!

3 Likes

I’m not super excited about this, it’s mainly because Lord and Miller aren’t returning. I still think it could be great but I’m keeping my expectations mild.

well I more meant his personality because that’s what made him funny in the first

and yes it is funny to note how positive he was when compared to Larry the barrista

all that being said I will just hope for a lego castle, bionicle, or marvel super heroes movie in the near future…

I’m not taking it seriously except the lack of Wyldstyle/Metalbeard fight scenes

oh jeez am I the only 1 who likes Nya’s new makeover?!!

Side note: Larry was just a coffee shop owner with no character lore whatsoever in the first movie. He couldn’t do half of what Emmet did.

Don’t really expect for those movies cuz it doesn’t seem like that they will happen anytime soon.

Yes. She was overconfident in the movie to the point where it became annoying.

1 Like

I liked it tbh.

It has nothing to do with her makeover. The pacing, writing, animation, and coreography all looked and felt klunky to me. I really want to like that movie, but I can’t justify it.

2 Likes

ok maybe not her but I ment the makeovers in general (did not like Zane’s makeover) and your right I wish the whole ninjago world was made out of lego like the other movies