The Lego Movie 2, The Second Part

Well @lordvaldek671 your saying about the LEGO Ninjago movie didn’t do as well is kinda wrong, the real reason that movie didn’t do as well in the Box Office is because of the repeating father/son theme of the 2 previously Lego movies, and the Kingsman sequel also coming out on the same day too.

1 Like

Not to mention the repeat of the less than funny jokes over and over and over again. They wasted the screentime with those. [quote=“lordvaldek671, post:62, topic:44889”]
I wish the whole ninjago world was made out of lego like the other movies
[/quote]

I actually kinda enjoyed the outside, real world located places for the scenes. It seemed like that the focused mostly on the concordance of brick built environment and the real, outside world’s natural visualization. It made the movie stand out form the rest at least in this,

well I don’t remember many jokes other than “fire him” and " love at first fight" which I found hilarious I feel it was humor on a more physical/unintentional level but don’t ask me I have only seen it 1 and 1 half times

I don’t remember her saying a lot in the movie except for “wow what a piece of junk”

also I meant the look not the personality I like her makeover because she is so much cooler looking I didn’t care for the old 1’s face print plus her gray suit color beats the old blue/red colors.

well it makes sense Ninjago is older and superior to the lego movie so more like the other lego movies took it from Ninjago

I don’t care Emmet is a LAME hero alongside Batman. he’s just a city guy nothing unique at least larry has a cool post apocalyptic suit in the 2nd.

I would take Wyldstyle or Metalbeard over him any day

in the end there’s no need to make a big deal of this it’s just a personal opinion

Well, I meant the first 15 minutes of the movie where they kept repeating the same scenes also with different lines, yet it was obvious that that they just copyed it.

Like the personality doesn’t matter. But speaking of design choice, her design was one of the luckiest cuz it was well colored and definitiely gave an impression of a character with an important role. Too bad it didn’t turn out to be the case in the movie. But I agree, her Movie outfit design colorscheme which was carried over to the TV show, is much better.

Was that why there was a Star Wars cameo in the first movie? Because cetain movies, also relies on that “father/son” conflict. Also the Lego Movie was in production since 2010 if I remember, so I’d say they used this idea around the same time.

Care to explain why do you declare a DC hero with both great historical and theaterical background as “Lame”? Or you only didn’t like his act in the Lego Movie? I admin, I didn’t like the Lego Batman Movie but for the First Lego movie, he acted the way it should be for a side character in a Movie which is supposed to be funny and not serious.

But there I would also stop you calling Emmet “Lame” with the very same reasons, I mentioned earlier. You’re basically underestimate him the same way as Lord Business aka “The man upstairs” and look what he became at the end of the movie.
I don’t get it still why you prefer a boring coffe shop owner when he did absolutely nothing in the first movie and I am sure that he will not do much in the second movie neither. You only like his new look which is nothing unique if you look at the rest of the residents, but the design itself is not enough to judge one character over the other especially then the other one actually DID important stuffs in the First movie regardless his outfit.

I honestly didn’t like Wyldstyle at first but when her real side was shown, I started to like her charatcer more. She also had that overconfident act at first whcih I found annoying and Metalbeard was just simply weird. Sort of a “Soto” from Ninjago, only with a less interesting character.

We all share our opinion here which is totally fine. But let’s not forget about the important roles and scenes of the First movie because those made the movie sucessful.

well he’s kind of a selfish jerk Emmet shares this opinion he also just kinda lacks the traits that the cooler superheroes and super villains have e.g laser eyes, flight, alien armies, and shape shifting. that and I’m on team Marvel for the debate of superiority

now as for the Lego movie and Lego Batman movies he made me laugh so hard, heck that’s the only reason I watch these lego movies they’re just funny

and Metalbeard well I guess you’re kinda right he does lack a detailed backstory and now that you mention it he does remind me of Soto

but I’m working on a fanfic series for youtube that will cover his story with more detail and define his personality better including the true story of how he failed to defeat Lord Business there will be plenty of non-canon additions including how Bricksburg became the center of power in the multiverse, the biggest battle in it’s history, the destruction of a realm called Classica (supposedly Emmet’s home world) how Garmadon and Koko were really split ( great devourer snake + Hela), Lloyd’s evil sister, and Metalbeard’s wife’s death which coupled with trying to drown his misery made him the screwball we know him as today.

IT IS A FANFIC SO NOTE IT IS MY OPINION OF HOW IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED SO PLEEZ DON"T MAKE CRITICISMS QUESTIONS ARE FINE thank you

He was meant to represent that role for the purpose to show how Emmet cared more about Lucy than him. But at least he didn’t got captured that soon like the other heroes. This has nothing to do with his abilities as it was about Lego, a Funny, not serious movie. But even on the DC universe, his skills are equal of those abilities, you mentioned. He doesn’t even need those super powers, he is Batman! I still prefer DC over Marvel.
He was funny in the second movie but he lost most of the character traits he had in the original lego Movie.

Well your fanfic sounds interesting none the less.

I am so exited for this

And so this.

4 Likes

Not sure why they decided to make the outer frame yellow to show the curve/outline while all the other variant is either mono or shaded to match the clothing, but for this they decided to match the skin color.

https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/catalogs/-/media/catalogs/characters/dimensions/additional%20images/starter%20pack/wyldstyle/06_ld_cd_starterpack_carousel01_wyldstyle.jpg?l.r2=1209743551

This isn’t the first time Lego did this, yet I just don’t like the choice.

In other news, they announced a competition that revolve an irl collab of you and a close buddy to play with Lego: (this is our chance to make galidor relevant again)

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/the-lego-movie-2/competition

3 Likes

Please stay on topic guys

3 Likes

3 New Sets Revealed:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1017778210929565697

Abit underwhelm of the figure of selection by having both Lucy + Emmet in these 3 sets and likely more in the future.

2 Likes

How come they got revealed this soon and why do they look this Awesome??!

Expand

70829 Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy | $49.99

Drive away from danger in THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 70829 Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy, featuring seats for two minifigures, opening doors and hood, foldout arrow gun (non-shooting) and suspension. This fun-packed construction toy also includes a buildable base with an explode function, 3 minifigures and 3 buildable figures—MetalBeard, Star and Heart—with cool weapons and accessory elements.

• Includes 3 LEGO MOVIE characters: a LEGO Emmet minfigure, Lucy minfigure and Sharkia minifigure, plus 3 brick-built figures: MetalBeard, Star and Heart.

• Escape Buggy features 2 minifigure seats, a removable roof, opening doors and hood, arrow gun (non-shooting), suspension and big wheels with rubber tires.

Buildable base features an explode function, container with fuel tanks and a gas canister with translucent flame element.

70827 Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy! | $29.99 USD

Ride into battle against the alien with THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 70827 Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy! and rescue Emmet. Ultrakatty features a minifigure cockpit, a posable head which can be rebuilt for 3 alternative facial expressions, and a posable tail and legs. This awesome building toy includes Lucy and Emmet minifigures, plus a brick-built alien invader with a chomping mouth and rotating eye, to recreate action-packed scenes from THE LEGO MOVIE 2.

• Includes new-for-January-2019 Lucy and Emmet minifigures, plus a brick-built alien invader with a chomping mouth and rotating cyclops eye.

• Ultrakatty features a minifigure cockpit with reins, posable head with 3 alternative facial expressions, and a posable tail and legs.

• Includes Lucy’s crossbow weapon

• Accessory elements include Lucy’s quiver and ‘STOP’ sign shield element.

• Recreate fun-packed scenes from THE LEGO® MOVIE 2.

• Ultrakitty measures over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.

• $29.99 USD

70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship! | $69.99 USD

Help Emmet and Lucy evade capture by THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship toy, featuring an opening cockpit for a mini-doll or minifigure, retractable landing gear, disc shooter and an opening prison cell. This fun construction toy includes 2 minifigures a mini doll figure and buildable Star and Heart toy figures to role-play action from THE LEGO MOVIE 2.

• Includes 5 LEGO MOVIE characters: a LEGO Emmet minifigure and Lucy minifigure, plus a Sweet Mayhem mini-doll figure and brick-built Heart and Star toy figures.

• Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship toy features an opening cockpit for a mini-doll or minifigure, retractable landing gear, a roll of stickers, disc shooter and an opening prison cell with a removable control panel and a gun.

• Weapons include Lucy’s crossbow and Sweet Mayhem’s gun.

• Accessory elements include Lucy’s quiver and Sweet Mayhem’s adjustable wings, helmet, 2 hearts and translucent-blue boosters.

• Emmet and Lucy minifigures and Sweet Mayhem mini-doll figure are new for January 2019.

• Recreate fun-packed scenes from THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 with this awesome building toy.

• Measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 11” (28cm) wide.

8 Likes

I’m actually really looking forward to these sets. They’re really good.

The Minifigs and vehicles look great. The little duplo monster looks pretty good. And I love the Unikity lion beast form. I’m definitely going to get that set. The only thing I don’t like is Metalbeard. I loved him in the first film, but I’m afraid he’ll be downplayed here, and stuck as some sort of comedic side kick that’s just a head on a chest.

1 Like

Lego uses normal bricks to make duplo bricks, despite owning Duplo.
Alrighty then.
That said these sets look awesome, especially the Unikitty set.

1 Like

New Exclusive Picture.

So, The SDCC gives us a good look at the 3 sets which Lego posted, but with piece counts this time:

7 Likes

Second trailer just droppped.

And some set from Metro were posted:

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/lego_tlm2_emmets-dream-house-rescue-rocket-2-cba9.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C391

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/lego_tlm2_emmets-thricycle-2-ae5d.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C310

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/lego_tlm2_-emmet-and-bennys-fixit-workshop-2-c76f.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C360

Surprised the villian of this movie is just a pile of bricks.

1 Like

Is that…

TEAL BRICK SEPARATOR

1 Like

Ooh, yellow CCBS hands in that second set.

I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶

1 Like

Here’s a fat load of all the other set that one of the cast member linked.

[details=unorganized set images]

2 Likes