The Lego Movie 2, The Second Part

It’s Fabuland.

2 Likes

Gasp

I thought they forgot that theme.

3 Likes

Both though a lot more licensed then the first. They even referenced ideas thought which ideas set gives away part of the plot twist.

1 Like

I just saw the movie. To anyone who is worried about gender politics in this film-

You are wrong.

I too was somewhat concerned, but I gave it a chance and it ended up having a nice message (and that plot twist the others have mentioned is good). No gender politics at all (that I noticed anyway), and an overall great experience.

To any naysayers (@FordianL_at_the_BCC @EyeoftheWolfe @Leoxander @KlendaV @LQ1998 and the other BCC crew I couldn’t verify their accounts here) , I’m not forcing you to watch it, but I would highly recommend you give it a chance.

4 Likes

This is what worries me the most… Although I think I will enjoy the movie anyway.

Yeah. It’s not a spoiler since it’s more a straight cameo but now I really want a lego (or bootleg.) Bruce Willis minifigure.

1 Like

Loved the film more than the first!! But I won’t spoil it, and don’t worry about the whole feminist thing

1 Like

Saw it yesterday! 'Thought it was good, definitely worth seeing!

There were quite a few plot twists that came out of nowhere and made me more surprised than it really should have, like Wyldstyle writing “Everything is Awesome,” Mayhem looking like a rip-off Harley Quinn, the Rexcelsior being a time machine, and Watevra being from a polybag I though was pointless and now kind of want to get…

Gender is barely even referenced, let alone mentioned. I guess the two different play-styles between Finn and his sister can be considered a gender thing, but it depends on how you look at it.

Did anyone else notice the whole thing where Finn says “I’m doing a story about time travel!” in the beginning? I thought it was funny until it turned my former favorite character into the villain.

That Marvel reference was very needed and possibly my favorite joke in the movie.

There are a plethora of references to LEGO Movie, LEGO’s history, and outside sources. Not one Bionicle reference, though…

Oh, yeah, and while I was skeptical about the musical aspects, I actually really enjoyed both of Watevra’s songs. They were pretty funny. But what about Barbara, Batman?

I definitely prefer the moral of this one more than the first It’s about maturity, right?, though the humor and Benny’s performance felt a little less perfect. Goodness, these movies are so much more hilarious and enjoyable as a LEGO fan…

Still waiting on that Roadhog and Junkrat in Apocalypseburg cameo, though…

5 Likes

To be honest Rex is still my favorite character

But anyway, everyone should see it, I preferred it to the first film’s plot to be honest, the theme of siblings reminded me of myself and my brother

3 Likes

I watched it yesterday and I am glad my low expectations were not met. Is it a good movie? Well, no, it comes nowhere near the first, but I was pleasantly surprised by the plot as well as just how original it was in certain cases. It’s a psychedelic mess but it is worth watching.

2 Likes

I actually loved it equally to the first, i think. The message was great, and I loved the story, humor, and referneces.
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister Regarding Barbera, he outright said the writers and fans want to keep him depressed and lonely😂

Also gosh dang, the Rex twist was freaking dark! It was pretty well done.

So was there seriously no Bionicle cameo, not even in the background? Holy cow, it just occured to me that Bionicle came back and then died since the last one!

2 Likes

I absolutely loved the first 2/3 of the movie. Than the story telling sin time travel happend and it all kinda started to collapse into itself.

still overall good.

also maybe it was just me but the sistar system kinda looked like the g2 planets

banana guy was so unfunny

one thing that I don’t like is that just like the Ninjago movie there is no room for rest for the viewer. Character simply won’t shut up for a second in this movie and every second needs to have something happening.

Time travel was great! Sure, it just made everything confusing and stuff, and I may only love it because it’s ironically funny, but it was revealed at the beginning that the time travel was just in Finn’s imagination…

1 Like

I think low key the funniest gag in the movie is when Emmit and Rex were fighting, it literally looked like they were being banged together by a kid!

Also, missed opportunity not to make his name Rex Dangerbuff.

2 Likes

Deary me this movie was dreadful. So many unfunny jokes and annoying characters. The only good part was the song “Super Cool” that played during the end credits.

1 Like

I liked it. I found the plot funny and interesting and of course it didn’t go into the stuff that everyone was afraid off when the first trailer was released.

4 Likes

Here are few Spring/Summer sets VIA Lego Twitter: and no, none of these are spoilers unless you got some context of whats suppose to happen on these scene.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1095327993050869762

1 Like

I need that triple-decker-couch mech.

4 Likes

Me too!

The other two aren’t very appealing, but the minifgures are cool.

1 Like

Your wallet’s gonna be couchin for an ouchin.

3 Likes