The Lego Movie 2, The Second Part

Rex remided me a lot of myself playing with lego as a kid: dinosaurs, spaceships, overcomplicated plotlines…fun times

6 Likes

I liked a good amount of the movie, but honestly it was unnerving, y’know? Whatera Wa’nabi would have been an okay character if they had found a way to kill her off, but I don’t see Phil and Chris being capable of pulling that off. The other new characters were okay, but this movie could have been so much more and just wasn’t.

It’s not worth watching and I honestly regret seeing it. Wouldn’t rewatch it if I had the chance.

1 Like

why? what would killing her off do to improve the movie? (other than changing/killing the message that the Movie had at the end.)

WAIT WHAT?? Uhhh, no! What would have killing her off actually added other than a pointless death?

It would have improved the message at the end, not ruined it, if they did it properly.

And it would have spared us the worst romantic endeavor to ever exist and give us the chance to see a sequel. Now, I’m not sure how they could do it.[quote=“MistikaFan, post:160, topic:44889”]
WAIT WHAT?? Uhhh, no! What would have killing her off actually added other than a pointless death?
[/quote]

A future for the franchise.

You realise she was one of the most important parts of the film, right? WIthout her the siblings would have kept on being angry at each other and what future does she prevent?

And that important part lead to a dead end. Now the formula for the LEGO Movie has been tainted, not just by this character, but a good amount of it was. They couldn’t do a sequel without it being absolutely terrible.

Given that it made half the money the last one did, maybe LEGO will take that into mind.[quote=“MistikaFan, post:162, topic:44889”]
and what future does she prevent?
[/quote]

There ever being a good sequel. Her existing is not a problem, her continuing to exist after the train wreck of a plot is the problem.

IT’S ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A FEW DAYS!!

I would debunk this but I want you to explain why you feel this way first

And I was quoting release gross sales, not culminated over time. It made almost exactly half. That’s a pretty drastic drop.[quote=“MistikaFan, post:164, topic:44889”]
I would debunk this but I want you to explain why you feel this way first
[/quote]

Honestly, I don’t want to perpetuate this much longer. I know it won’t go anywhere, and I shouldn’t have even bothered.

Probably not entirely this movie’s fault…

That kind of defeats the point of the entire movie

2 Likes

Aah the old “I won’t explain my reasoning because I can’t be bothered”

I’ll just take this as either you’ve admitted defeat or have no evidence for your claims, in any case, discussion over

And very tactful of you, too, sir

Mostly the movie’s fault. Yes, the advertising was pretty poor, but also pretty comparable to the original’s advertising.

1 Like

And the previous movie may have impacted it?

Possibly? but unlikely. It’s been a decent while since then and now.

This article explains it in depth:

So Bad Cop jumped ship to another movie coming out at the same time thats making more money, the sneaky traitor…

Just wondering or hoping bionicle is still not forgotten.

I don’t remember one, but there was one in the Ninjago Movie, so it’s all good.

We got a Fabuland cameo, though

1 Like

I saw it, and it was OK. Definitely not as good or coherent as the first one, and I felt some of the one off scenes they used in the first ones were a little overdone (for example the switch to live action). There were also some gaping plot holes that were just glossed over, and it feels more like a cash-grab than the first one. I would still recommend going to see it though.

Bionicle is kinda dead, people are moving on now