The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

It’s just the regular black balljoint ball piece with an axle hole through it. When I made him I needed one more than was available in the 7 sets.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of sticking Lava Beast in the combiner to give him some toes and to also give him wings as well as that ball with the hole through it.

1 Like

Wow, after setting up every G2 set Makuta really finishes off the collection. I highly recommend building him.

21 Likes

I made a partial LDD file of Makuta. With the combination of inexperience with LDD, some parts not existing in LDD and not making the model for myself yet, I still think that this can be a valuable asset to finalizing Makuta. Dropbox - Makuta Jto.lxf - Simplify your life

6 Likes

For the mask in black, what would be the best material?

Black acrylic or Black S&F (From experience I’d much rather not have to get the S&F because of how rough it feels)

1 Like

The steel with Matt black would be the best. One of the more expensive options though. What I am going to do it buy the ultra frosted detail, and paint that black. If you are looking for a cheaper option I would buy the smooth white and paint that black.

If you or anyone else has more questions I would like to direct you to here. Cyber-Hand's Forge

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

Could someone who has already built Makua add the crown from Dorek’s recent Makuta MOC onto the Mask of Control and take a full body shot? Thank you!

The MoCo looks kinda tiny in that body, could someone show me how he looks with the MoCr please?

Hey guys, I was working on the instructions for my Makuta, but it was so messy that I decided to just disassemble it. I’m sorry, but it was just too difficult.

But hey, at least I could build the “official-ish” one. It’s MUCH BETTER AND EASIER TO BUILD.

13 Likes

Hey, you came the closest. You deserve high praise in my book.

4 Likes

Someone told me I deserve a medal for my work, so there it is.

8 Likes

Building is going smoothly for me, I just can’t figure out how Ikir’s head and Umarak’s horns attach, can anyone help?

Here’s a very bright image

5 Likes

i hate to be that guy

but it’s like none of you are putting the mask chain on him.

come on guys step up ur game

7 Likes

I generally detach it from the pins and put it somewhere else to make it look a bit slimmer. For example in one of my photos above it’s hanging from the staff.

5 Likes

@Cyber-Hand it came been looking at your design, the other shapeway design and the official part. And yours is sooooooo close to perfect you just need to extend that side spike, it is way to short, and the lower part of the chin near that rod part need talk to be closer, I highlighted how the shape should look in green

9 Likes

@Eljay Now that we have “instructions” for Journey to One Makuta and a 3D printed Mask of Ultimate Power, will you make a recent review of it?

4 Likes

Can someone direct me to the most accurate version of the MoUP?

So far this is it

But I personally would wait for a 100% confirmed one.