The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

But if it had actually been released as a set, it’s size (plus the FMoUP) would suggest it would cost $50-$70.

1 Like

mate.

it’s @Sammythekat

with a K.

Get it right.

I was going off of someone making a series of purchases on ebay and showing it on here.

I feel like this model would feel more complete if it had six of Skull Slicer’s Mask Grabber’s claws on his feet. Or just claws on his feet in general.

By the way, is it pretty stable then?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty stable.
Can maintain a standing position, although sometimes it might tilt back or forth.

1 Like

I added some technic beams to his feet so yeah, he’s much more stable than without.

Also, pics of the staff back attachment? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t, so whoever has Facebook please like this.

@Mayple

1 Like

So is this topic done until someone posts a pic of Makuta with the MouP?

1 Like

I wonder what JtO Makuta would look like if he had the Gun-Metal Rib Cage on his front instead of the Red Ribcage…

It would probably ruin the cool fact that his entire stomach is a glowing mass…

2 Likes

how would he look if all the transred was replaced by another color? like, transblue? I can imagine that in front of the transred one, one wth the MoCo and one with the MoCr

Once someone gets a black MoUP, I would like to see a black, gold, and purple version

Can you please make step by step instructions

(Looks at first post)
Hey, instructions!
(Looks at instructions)
I literally have, like, 1/5 of these pieces.

1 Like

Can anyone show me how the chest component connects to the rest of the body, please? It’s the part I’m having the most trouble with.

I’m not sure. I’m waiting for the step by step video for that part, if you have Facebook, like the post. I linked to it above somewhere

If you still need help, here’s how it connects

The brown pin should have one unit exposed, which is where the chest armor is attached

8 Likes

hmm maybe it uses the same technic as jango fett

it connect’s not via the axle, but via the pin

2 Likes

Hey so I’m nearly done with this model and am in the process of trying out masks. I will be purchasing a shapeways MOUP at some point, but I didn’t want the Grand Makuta to be maskless until then, so I came up with a couple ideas.

Personally I feel like the MOCO is just that bit too small for such a big figure so I decided not to go that route. My mask of choice is the G1 Mask of Shadows. If you add a ball piece behind the neck of a mata head, then connect that to one of Umarak the hunter’s ankle piston thingy, works a treat and you can spin round to which ever version of that mask you see fit. Bit gutted I don’t have a pearl gold version as that would look awesome. Ah well. black will do.

If you’re feeling a but G2 Puristy, I reccomend using the Trans Red Hau from the Hero pack. Mine was just gathering dust, so I think it’s a good choice. It’s a nice cal back to his MNOG form, and it fits his colour scheme perfectly

3 Likes

Great! Thanks. :slight_smile: I’m going to try to get the sets this weekend. :smile: