The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

Ahh, you’re not content to allow Giant robots to beat the crap out of each other with their fists are you? Gotta throw trickery into the mix (I play Menoth)

1 Like

Nice! And of course, what is warmachine without a little trickery/first-turn-assassinations?

Too bad we can’t play each other

1 Like

Indeed.

I keep running into problems. Literally all I have to do now is the arm with the sword function and it’s confusing me to no end. Can anyone help a guy out?

I just spent $92 so far :frowning:

Planning on spending 150 in total. I want all the sets so I can make a MOC or two

2 Likes

How in the world can you guys be confused about the build???

Those pics are as clear as a normal booklet, I literally built it in half an hour…

4 Likes

They’re really not that clear, especially when trying to complete the “skirt” section.

4 Likes

I think the Designer Sets I used to play with as a kid made me OP when it comes to figuring out what piece goes where :open_mouth:

5 Likes

NOT CLEAR sorry Altair but really?

2 Likes

9 Likes

I’m thinking of making instructions. Who’s in?

4 Likes

Just an unrelated question; is Imgur a good way to share images? Or is there a better platform? Sorry, I just don’t know where else to ask.

I’m In.

Well, after pouring over the Flickr pictures, watching a few videos(shoutout to SLC Jabberwocky’s video on YouTube) and general trial and error (along with an entire night’s worth of effort (R.I.P sleep), I was able to compile a set of instructions for Makuta. Hope you guys enjoy! :grin:

Links to Instruction Albums (on Imgur)
Torso: Journey to One Makuta Unofficial Instructions (Torso) - Album on Imgur
Staff: Journey to One Makuta Unofficial Instructions (Staff) - Album on Imgur
Arms: Journey to One Makuta Unofficial Instructions (Arms) - Album on Imgur
Legs: Journey to One Makuta Unofficial Instructions (Legs) - Album on Imgur
Putting them together: Journey to One Makuta Unofficial Instructions (Wrap Up) - Album on Imgur

p.s. I suggest that the torso be built first, as the upper arm assembly is attached there.

p.p.s I hope I was able to time this for a weekend build for some of you…

p.p.p.s I apologize in advance for the less than clear pictures. Hope you can forgive me :joy:

28 Likes

This is awesome! These are exactly the kind of pictures i wanted to build this behemoth thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it! I was just waiting for instructions for so long, and hey, I had the sets lying around…

1 Like

Dude, thanks sooo much! Is there a way you could upload a .ZIP file with all the pics to Dropbox or Google Drive? I’d like to be able to have a copy for in case the link gets lost.

1 Like

There’s A Download Option If you go to the bottom, click the 3 dots and select download post.

How did you manage to use 3 total Black Technic, Pin 3L with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Center Pin Hole (87082) in both of these panels and in this back piece? I bought all the sets required, but I only ended up with two of these.