The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

even less than these guys?

6 Likes

those two at least can move their articulated peices, with Makuta, his limbs are practicaly stuck in one place leaving little movement. His upper legs infact can’t be moved forward or backwards, the lower parts of his legs can only be moved backwards, leaving it difficoult to pose him in any other possitions other than “stand up”.

the same problem is in his upper arms, which can’t be moved around because of the way they are connected to the body.

So basically he has severe arthritis

8 Likes

Sounds like he needs hip replacement surgery.

2 Likes

8 for LoSS, 11 for Skull Scorpio.

7 for Macootie.

2 Likes

If you want you can use my little customization so that it doesn’t happen.

(btw you need to make two identical copies of this, do not mirror it)

There are some Hordika necks around the waist area that are left exposed.

Adding to this, more stable feet and shoulders using leftover pieces.

1 Like

My Makuta with MoUP!

Here all gallery with MoUP: MoUP - Album on Imgur

http://i.imgur.com/xE6oWn1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fchcEpY.jpg

9 Likes

So, I was trying to make a Makuta MOC, that was supposed to be an upgraded version of his JtO form. (See WIP below) And I was wondering if anyone has, or could, figure out how to make a design that looks like Makuta’s shadow trap shoulder armor, but as a custom upper arm.

5 Likes

So I forgot to add the beast tail piece to the sides of the thighs, and as a result, he looks way fuller. Special thanks to Thatchmac’s video where I found this out.

On a sidenote, when is Eljay going to review this combiner? Thanks!

1 Like

does anyone know exactly what parts you need from which set?

look at the first post

@nexolo no i mean exactly which parts from a specific set. i know theres a parts list.

like specifically what you need from lord of skull spiders…

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

Imgur
JtO-styled brothers. They aren’t direct translations, but they satisfy what I wanted for these models. I love how Titan Makuta looks in real life; its so imposing. Side note: Mask Maker Makuta’s hammer wasn’t completed when I took this picture. I personally made the Journey to One sticker, so if you want a to use it for anything let me know.
Imgur
The Journey of One

22 Likes

I made it. It’s not completely accurate, but it’s great at a distance. I drew it up in Sai and attached it with double-sided tape.

Here’s a word document with the proportions I used for the one in the photo.

I’m probably gonna make a second version of the piece to fix some issues with the print, mainly the proportions and the lack of the underlying pattern from JtO.

9 Likes

@Perp3tual I feel like a water slide decal would work very well. You can learn to make one here. https://youtu.be/1ne8tcRWkW4

2 Likes

finished my makuta a few weeks ago and im going to order a moup soon

4 Likes

How did you print out the decal, is it on some special sticker like sheet? Or where did you take it to print it out? I’d love to use it. And I assume you removed the original decal on the chest piece to have that on, correct?