The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

The horns, probably some inner construction, the feet, and the chestplate, minus the stickers.

1 Like

There is also that beast jaw behind his head, and that gunmetal ribcage on his right arm. I don’t know about his chest plate though…

1 Like

Oh, yeah, forgot it was the other one who uses that.

Oh right the jaw piece. I also forgot thr ribcage came from Destroyer, I guess it just slipped my mind.

1 Like

I’m really happy the community’s come together to do this (I wish I could help but I don’t have the talent). I never buy duplicates for combiner models but I’m seriously considering it for Makuta. Do you think I should buy my sets now or wait until we have concrete instructions, from either the community or LEGO?

1 Like

I’m personally gonna buy most the parts I need off bricklink once I know exactly what I need to make this. Duplicates for all these sets needed will cost well over $100, even if you found every set at discount prices. It also wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to buy a set like Umarak the destroyer, when all you need from his set is only a few pieces.

1 Like

I’ve not only bought the sets used, but I also plan on making villains out of the used pieces (for “2017”).

1 Like

The mask is almost done. A few more hours and it will be ready to put on shapeways.

My god I am tired. Same request as before, can anyone spot anything I missed. I will be doing clean up tomorrow and smoothing out some of the more angular parts.

25 Likes

The lower portion chin area of the mask needs to come back a little more and also, the triangular portion behind the piston needs to stretch down a little lower, as seen in the high quality image here:

Other than that, I believe you have the most complete CG model! :slight_smile: Thank you!

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is incredible!

Also, quick update on the Makuta model…

The end game has begun!

Now, some of the parts you see are just hanging there and currently are not attached to anything (like the LOSS liftarms), but it’s really looking menacing now!

22 Likes

Looks just fantastically,you are almost close to end my friend,he look almighty,just there are no words.:clap:

1 Like

There are many issues with the model. While it may look “accurate” it’s far from accurate to the real model. The fact that you based it of my WIP model as well means it’s already incorrect as it doesnt use the mini torso at that place

well it is as accurate as it can get, and it is amazing, really nice job, if only it had the MoUP… could someone photoshop it there?

1 Like

@Sparky actually, I didn’t use anything other than the official pictures to build my model (I haven’t seen your own take on it). My goal was not to make something super accurate to the original, but instead something that looks a lot like the original but isn’t necessarily built the same (mostly because, come on, it’s impossible to build it exactly right).

@Asriel better to photoshop it in this picture instead!

(yes, I did the chest too :smiley:. There are no arms yet but it still looks awesome.)

9 Likes

Honestly i would expect that the Model would be given to Volta so they could work on the CGI. Either that or it may have been disassembled.

Remember the idea of the contest was to encourage people to make their own, while the JTO model is the actual Makuta for G2.

Sorry, but unfortunately not.

The CGI Makuta model in JTO does not use official pieces for the interior. The connections are often situations like his upper arm connection to body where its just balljoints attached to a cross section. I believe they did this to simplify him to make him easier to animate.

I’ve seen the images of that guy, he doesn’t have those pieces unfortunately.

How did you do the shield pieces so they went that way on the chest? Just wondering as been trying to line them up the same way and haven’t got it right yet.

As a side note, whoever completes this should enter it into the Makuta building contest just for laughs, and to show the designers how much we like the design of Makuta :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

You probably already knew this, but Makuta’s got UtD’s horns used as coattails of some kind. Other than that… Lookin good! Do you plan on making instructions of some kind for the torso?

3 Likes

does him? where can I see that?

Any of the pictures of the contest, look behind the golden feathers

I’m not sure if one can get better than that, but maybe make the top part a bit larger and the eyes larger? I dunno it looks almost perfect you really don’t have to change anything

EDIT:

Also, how soon until it is up on shapeways?

#Hey guys, it’s DONE!!!

Here are some (terrible) pictures of it. I will upload better pictures tomorrow maybe, so that I can have a better lighting and hopefully a better camera to use. For now, enjoy those photos.

Even though I built the inside of the body using my wildest imagination, I think I managed to get it as close to the original model as reasonably possible.

If you look at the sides of the body, it’s a total mess, but all the connections are fairly solid (aside from maybe some of the attachments in the upper body, but it all should be ok). Explaining how I put it together would be pretty impossible, so I’ll let the future instructions I will make do this work for me.

With the back, well, I had to get a little creative. The only thing I’m sure is (semi) right is the fact that the axes can rotate a little bit down to allow the double joints for the arms to move forward more freely. The only detail of the back I swear I couldn’t find a way to put was that little obnoxious yellow gear that was behind the neck in the official pictures…

@Scarilian as I said above, wait for the instructions, it’s too difficult to describe it.

@Mayple yep, I know, it was actually one of the very first things I put on it.

@Cyber-Hand can you please tell me how big the Mask of Ultimate Power is?

28 Likes