The "Let's Build Overlord Makuta" Topic

I would try to recreate him, but I seem to be lacking the key joints of the arms and legs.

But I do like how the masks are connected to the staff, using the new crossguard piece.

Hello I am RAKRONDEWL, I see you guys are trying to build the Overlord Makuta, I am also working on the model in LDD but I am unsure how to share it with you guys. I’ll try to figure it out because, I think I may have figured out a little more than whats been posted here.

Hello RAKRONDEWL,

I recommend screen shots. And you’re help would be greatly appreciated.

I would do sceen shots but LDD doesn’t really differentiate black well and I believe the file could be of more use.

Well, I don’t know much about LDD. That would be my best recommendation.

Well, I will see what I can do about screen shots then.

Okay it’s going to take awhile.

Edited for Double Post- Prpl

Alright, well I’m looking forward to it’s completion!

Can you make out anything from these photos?

Note: some pieces are just there to hold the shells where they go.

9 Likes

I just had a heart attack. I will use this as the base of mine, might not even change it at all!

3 Likes

I believe the torso piece is actually the one used for the star wars constraction figures and quake beast sets. The two 3 module axles are just stand ins I was using to hold some pieces where they should be.

Alright everyone I will be gone for the next week. So if there is any news I am sure you all can take care of it. And when it comes to replicating the model, I am very confident RAKRONDEWL will be able to help everyone out quit a bit.

Good luck guys!

1 Like

What are those wing pieces and wing pieces on the thighs from.

ender dragon and lego elves

1 Like

How are we going to do the stickers and the cape pieces?

I have been job shadowing a graphic designer, so I might be able to help with the stickers and possibly cloth after we figure out the model.

Here is how I think the top of the staff is built.

3 Likes

Good news guys! I got the green light to partially deconstruct Overlord Makuta model and getting some pictures approved. I will be taking the pictures tonight, so hopefully they will be up late this week, or beginning of next.

Is there any specific areas you guys have trouble with?

8 Likes

Would it be possible to remove the armor pieces around the torso and back, and take some close up pictures of that?
And maybe remove the front cloth piece?

2 Likes

Hello. Would it be ok for you to take photos of the Brawler Makuta model and Mask Maker Makuta model as well?

I would just like to see the large chest armor removed from the Brawler Makuta to see the internals, maybe the ribcage armor removed as well, and the back of the Mask Maker Makuta model just to see how the arms connect.

Also, for the Overlord Makuta model, can you remove all the armor panels and such? This will help a lot.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Overlord Model
We could use some more pictures of the torso without the shells to see how his skeleton is built. We also need pictures of the upper arms to see how the shadow traps are connected, the lower legs with the panels removed so we can see how that’s built, and the top of the staff with the cloth and disk removed.

If at all possible could we see the cloths and stickers separate, so we can better replicate them?

Mask Maker
Like randomdude asked, If possible, could we get a picture of his back?

Thank you for taking the time to help us, we really appreciate it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for doing this! To echo another sentiment, would it be possible to snap a few pics of the Mask Maker model as well, I can’t for the life of me figure out how his shoulders attach to the back! Thanks so much for doing this, I will likely get the parts for Overlordkuta now.

1 Like