The "Let's Build Overlord Makuta" Topic

Guys, we have more in depth pictures:
Imgur

3 Likes

These are the same pictures I shared with you guys. I sent them to Dorek so we have everything in one place and to make it easier to find.

5 Likes

Praise based @toothdominoes

2 Likes

Alright, here are the promised photos. He’s not 100% but he’s pretty dang close.

(Can I get some love for my Apex Makuta?)

And minurature shadow guy.

26 Likes

amazing job

3 Likes

Thank you. It was not an easy journey.

2 Likes

Where did you get the instructions from? Or did you just off by the pictures posted on Flickr?

1 Like

I went off the deconstructed photos on flicker. I am confident this is 95% accurate.

2 Likes

I see, was there any change about the stickers’ picture file? Just making sure I have the correct one saved.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure the stickers were weird. But if you mean @RAKRONDEWL’s stickers than I don’t think so.

1 Like

Crap dude! that’s amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, he is an amazing figure.

2 Likes

Did you have to bricklink many parts?

2 Likes

Yeah, I had to bricklink a good amount of parts. Mostly little technic stuff but some are rare pieces like the gold wings and a few others.

3 Likes

He looks incredible, great job my friend. I will defiantly have to find/order the pieces to build him now.

And there is the Apex Makuta coming to consume the last pieces of himself, the Overlord and the mysterious villager version who fades in and out of the void.

1 Like

id rather build this than the JTO Makuta

Okay, it’s a shame you didn’t have any trans purple bohrok eyes but I guess you don’t want to spend ridiculous amounts of money just for 6 of them.
Also, which is better, this model or the JtO one?

Ok that question is a little unfair, but I’ll answer it. The thing to keep in mind is that the JtO model is a combo model, so the design was very limited and they had to use the pieces they had.

The Overlord model has none of those shackles and was completely up for John Ho’s creative ideas.

So I believe the Overlord model is superior. It was designed by one if the best Lego designers ever. However, the JtO model is a fantastic combo model and I’m not sure if John had to make a combiner his would look much different.

Bottom line is if you’re willing to pay for a Makuta, and you can only get one I recommend ordering the parts for Overlord. I don’t want to talk about my thoughts on him too much yet, as a video review is coming.

3 Likes

Yeah I do know, I was just wondering

Cool, I can’t wait!

1 Like

Are you going to put all of the gold uniter masks on that staff?