The "Let's Build Overlord Makuta" Topic

How does that look?

I believe @Alieraah uses the same technic, let me search for a pic of her mocs

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129625792@N08/28957406175/in/dateposted/

here you can see it

2 Likes

I find its lack of gloss disturbing

1 Like

it doesn’t look that bad… atleast when you have it in hand, I think it looks pretty nice

I suppose i could always repaint it to get the gloss back

the staff sticker looks a little small, but otherwise it’s great!
thanks for using my stickers!

Alright everyone, the final stamp of conclusion has happened. I uploaded the review, so I guess our job is officially complete.

2 Likes

It makes me sad LEGO cancelled a third year of G2… this shows the potential it had (John Ho is a brilliant designer).

This is pretty cool! Thanks for getting the photos up!
:grinning:

1 Like

The little dude is a reference we wanted to put in the contest video to the old 2001 flash animations Makuta. Back then he was a matoran with a corrupted Hau, or well, technically, he was and was not. You get the idea. : p

3 Likes

So the little guy is supposed to be a version of Makuta? Like he is Makuta? Well he was pretty terrifying in those animations so I would have to assume he’s got some sort of weird power up his sleeve!

1 Like

I did a recreation of that little guy.

5 Likes

Dude! That is awesome! This is why we do this kind of stuff. : D Nice use of the 2015 add on piece in black on the torso, it is such a sweet recolor.

@ThatchMac Well, he was in the video because Corvin, Nico and I are massive Bionicle fans from way back. Corvin built this guy for fun as a G2 version of this G1 classic. Then the week before the video, in my spare time I painted the mask up to be weathered and proposed putting him in the video. It is basically a not so subtle nod to G1 and a way for us to show we love this theme and its history,

5 Likes

It’s things like this that make me think G1 and G2 were going to be connected.
:smiley: -LOL

Anyways, what set are the shoulder spikes (the Little Makuta) from? I might build him.

1 Like

Hey, do you remember what paint you used? Gotta be 100% accurate with my model. But that’s a really fun story! So happy to hear BIONICLE fans working on BIONICLE!

2 Likes

Anyone interested in building Mask Maker Makuta? :wink:

1 Like

92234 Black Hero Factory Spine, Armor Flexible
It was featured primarily in Hero Factory Break Outlet line. Four were featured in black in the relatively recent set 2015 Ninjago Titan Mech Battle.

1 Like

Like a thin, nail file, file? A thicker arts and crafts file?

The one people uses for their nails, I don’t know if it is the same as the one you are talking about

I actually painted it black as when I made it the starwars set having it wasn’t released yet.

@toothdominoes

I can’t tell if you used a transparent orange fist, or a transparent orange Bionicle Gen 2 head on the Overlord Makuta, as you can see in the image above

2 Likes