The Lion King (2019)

I find it funny that some people are calling this “live action.” :stuck_out_tongue: Overall, I’m not excited for this, because I don’t think Disney will choose to make it unique.

2 Likes

Tired of these “live action remakes”. Feels disrespectful to the original creations that did not need changes. Seriously, the original Lion King was excellent, why do a remake?

Answer: Money. Lots of money.

Disney needs to start passing through original projects again and start risking more. They’ve already been making awful mistakes with these remakes. Might as well be more productive than just showing us the same thing over and over.

6 Likes

I’ve thought about this. It’s best not to apeculate

I need my WALL-E live action. I don’t want Hamlet with animals live action.

3 Likes

Ugh.

I don’t get why people are stoked for these, aside from like the Jungle Book iirc, these have all just been poorer shot-for-shot redos of the original. You gain nothing out of this that the original doesn’t already give you in a beautifully animated and lovingly crafted way.

It’s not like they can’t come up with original ideas (Zootopia, anyone?), just that this makes plenty of money because… it’s live action I guess? Because yes, my favourite passtime is definitely seeing characters that were specifically made with an animated movie in mind bugger around on the big screen for a bit in an environment not their own and try to pull at my nostalgia heartstrings. And if it makes money, why stop, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I really just don’t see the point.

2 Likes

I wander through… how good this movie is going to be, considering that it’s all about animals? Jungle Book also had Mowgly, so technically it wasn’t all animals. I trust Disney, but will be kinda weird to see a whole live action movie which ia all about animals. But only time will tell.

I don’t after they canceled Boba Fett

5 Likes

I never cared for Boba Fett, so I still trust them. After all, Is to different things what they do with their own franchise and what they do with franchises they purchased.

1 Like

Yeah, that basically just killed any remaining star wars Disney fans.

The lion king is gonna be an interesting live action, since there aren’t any humans, right?

5 Likes

Does that even count as live action anymore?

4 Likes

Since is filmed in a real-life environment, it technically still is a live action.

2 Likes

Whats the use of a “live action” remake, when its just cgi, which is animation by the way! on “real” backgrounds.

They probably canceled Boba Fett because of Solo’s Failiure.

Even though they released the movie at the worst time possible!

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

@Toa_Radrix, They already did.

Did they just dub in the same audio from the original, or did they actually pay James Earl Jones to come and say the same thing again? This film lost my interest as soon as they announced that it would be CGI animals, instead of real ones.

I honestly don’t understand why Disney makes these remakes, at least the ones with minimal changes. Yes, people will go see them, and Micky Mouse can bathe in hundred dollar bills, but they could probably make almost as much by just putting the original back in theaters, and that wouldn’t pull funds and talent away from original projects.

On the other hand, it seems that it would be more interesting to see animated remakes of some of their classic live action films, like Swiss Family Robinson, or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. They still couldn’t top the originals, but at least they would look interesting.

2 Likes

There are multiple tv shows

I just care about a Ewan Mcgregor Obi-Wan movie

3 Likes

Where these movies even made by Disney? I have never heard of a Disney adaptation of them… I knew about those movies, but never knew they were made by Disney…

Yes, Old Yeller and Polyana, along with Candleshew and many other classic book adaptions were made by Disney during the '50s and '60s.

1 Like

You must watch the first 2 minutes of the video! Such a funny animation!

1 Like

I’ve been heavily resistant to this film from the begining, but… God dang it. This trailer cracked me.

Yes it’s blatant nostalgia pandering, yes it would have been better if Disney put this same amount of time and effort into something new, but you know what Lion Ling is something I’m crazy nostalgic for. More so than any of the other movies being remade. (Well save for maybe Aladdin. Also Disney you cowards make an Atlantis Lost Empire remake if you’re so focused on remaking movies then pick one that could actually benefit from it)

Anyway, I want to see how this turns out. The music seems amazing as it should be. It seems like it’ll be alright. I’m excited for it.

5 Likes

That is like the most underrated Disney Movie, and at the same time, my all-time 2nd favorite Disney movie. That one could work perfectly in Live-Action, as opposed to those we are currently getting in which the cartoony elements don’t look that good. If there is one remake I would choose, it would be Atlantis. And a remake would probably fix the flaws the original movie had, improving it even more!

1 Like