The Long Dark - The Quiet Apocalypse

WELCOME TO THE QUIET APOCALYPSE

‘THE LONG DARK is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. There are no zombies — only you, the cold, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster.’ - Hinterland Studios

The Long Dark is Hinterland Studios’ first production, and made in partnership with the Canada Media Fund. The game is really open-world, and massive at that. It is immensely fun and can challenge just about any gamer. If you like survival games or enjoy the great outdoors, you’ll love this game.
It uses Unity as its engine, and does so extremely well. Few people experience glitches or crashes. They also have an excellent development team building a great story and adding new content. It was such a massive success on Kickstarter and Steam that they’re already planning to produce a movie based on it.
The game has 91% positive reviews on Steam. The developers replied to my review, thanking me for being a fan.
In case you can’t tell, I want to talk about it and recommend this marvel to everyone.

2 Likes

Looks nice. I hope it comes cheaper one day.

I think I got it for $15 or $20 on Steam during early access. Watch for a sale, and remember that one price is equivalent to a ‘season pass.’