The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic

This one comes with a story.

So the other day, I was linked an article showing off that Walmart was selling Metroid: Other M (a notoriously bad entry to the franchise) for $0.03 USD. That’s right, three pennies. Naturally I did what any insane person would do, and search out the nearest Walmart that had them. The only one in my area where there were any of these was in a hick farm town (or at least as close to that as you can get in MA). So I drive out there, go into Walmart. I get some other stuff, then find the Other M. I check it on the price scanner, and it is indeed 3 cents.

So I go to the quick checkout lane. The cashier rings up my other stuff. She rings up an Other M. Stops. Looks at her screen. Looks at the game. Looks back at the screen. Tries ringing up the other two, sees the same result. She says to me “These games cannot be 3 cents.”

So she calls over the customer service person. She takes a look at the games, tries scanning it, and gets the same result. She calls someone over from electronics to check this out. Meanwhile, I’m trying my hardest not to crack up about the ridiculousness of the situation. Eventually the electronics person comes over, and essentially says “Screw it just let him have them.” So I pay, and head out of the store.

As I’m walking back to my car, a bystander calls over to me saying “Hey are you the guy who just bought those games for 3 cents?” I confirm that I am. “Well how much are those games worth?” I say a couple dollars. “Well, why didn’t you get more?” he says with a grin. I tell him I didn’t need more than one, get into my car, and drive home.

15 Likes

So on Thursday, I went and got the Destiny’s Bounty because I’m on Spring Break now, Man is it awesome.

Here it is next to some other large sets:

10 Likes

Just got these. :slight_smile: I still have to build the Ninja Nightcrawler, but I thought I’d post a picture now and then add in an assembled picture later.

WIP pic

1 bag to go!

(I’ve been taking breaks between bags)

Done! I love this set!!!

8 Likes

You could have just bought M&M’s.

5 Likes

Went to Target again today and couldn’t resist picking these up.

I’ll update once they’re built.

Done!

5 Likes

very nice

1 Like

Beywheelz: Ninjago edition?

1 Like

Got myself quite the nice thrift store haul

7 Likes

Slime, you madman. First Galidor and now this?

3 Likes

Coincidentally last Friday I got a used Wii with mario kart and some accessories

Well I got Marvel Legends Comic THANOS and other impartment items too.

2 Likes

Would you say you like this figure over the B.A.F.?
I’m pretty tempted to get one as soon, if over, Hasbro distributes one to my area.

Well I didn’t got the Thanos wave when it’s first comes out, new one have same things of the BAF with addition to a alternative head and the Infinity Gauntlet itself.

Um hey can you guys stop deleting my posts? It’s just a joke (A joke rooted in fact but still a joke)

Your “jokes” have been

a) clearly disrespectful towards another user (and a former moderator at that)

and b) off-topic

Kindly refrain from doing so again. If you feel you are being wronged, please feel free to contact our PR department. Thank you for your compliance!

2 Likes

Go My most favorite Disney Animated Movie of All time The Lion King, Also got HERBIE movie 4-movie collection minus the one with LL, & a guild book of Super Mario Odyssey.

Pixar movies count as Disney animated movies.
Might wanna rethink that;

psst The Incredibles

Fantasy Flights has a new wargaming series for Star Wars. This is a Storm Troopers expansion pack.

6 Likes

Got another Vakama, that makes 6 1/2 Vakamas.

12 Likes

How many sets do you have in your collection?