The Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit

Loved the battle, and for an open doorway, Peter did pretty a pretty darn good job of creating an exciting Battle. And for the first time, I felt like putting Azog in the Hobbit movies seemed to be a really good idea on Jackson’s part. I wished that all of the wizards would have fought Sauron (Pallando and Alatar included) but I still enjoyed the Dol-Guldur part.

1 Like

I liked TBotFA a lot. It felt a bit weird to be starting the movie with a big action sequence, but I think it was fairly well done. The wizards’ battle with Sauron and his minions felt a little bit out of place (at least it looked really cool). The whole final kept on going… and going… I loved it (especially all of the 1v1 duels).

2 Likes

Yes it was good movie but too much artistic license. I just want Christopher Nolan to make the silmarillion now.

1 Like

I have absolutely no qualms with film adaptations that differ from their source material. A perfect movie adaptation can’t exist, partly because movies and books/TV shows are vastly different artistic mediums. Peter Jackson definitely took The Hobbit in a very different direction from the book. He was telling his own story. At least Jackson didn’t make a ton of fundamental changes that resulted in iffy characters, absurd situations and boring action sequences (I’m looking at you The Last Airbender).

1 Like

we don’t talk about shudder that movie here

2 Likes

I will give the Hobbit Movies one thing

Bard was more of a player, so making him the one who defeats Smaug finally seems more justified. >.>

This may have been brought up before, IDK.

2 Likes

I’d watch a movie that was only comprised of Legolas kicking a lot of butt.

3 Likes

Legolas shouldn’t even be there should he? I think not… also, UNLIKELY DWARF-ELF ROMANCE IS UNLIKELY

2 Likes

We don’t talk of that M. Night monstrosity among people with taste (that movie destroyed my favorite TV show)

Okay, now that’s taking things a bit too far. The film didn’t “destroy” anything. ATLA still exists in it’s phenomenally-great-TV-show glory. There’s nothing Shamylan or anyone else can do to change that.

2 Likes

True, but I didn’t watch ATLA for a month after I saw it.

1 Like

Oh, okay then.

@TrenKrom @legomaster1378

This isn’t the right topic to be discussing ATLA, so let’s try and keep it on topic k?

3 Likes

No kidding. That’s been happening to me a lot recently.

So… Who had the best death scene in TBoFA? (Remember to include spoiler tags)

Did any of you read The Silmarillion?

1 Like

Of course, what a silly question :stuck_out_tongue:

How does Tolkien think that we would have been able to remember all those names of each character. I mean we get it, attention to detail but man. I only remember the Gods, angles ,deamons, devil, mages and Feanor.

maybe he wrote it, not because of the fans, but because he wanted to write it? Maybe his books were stories he wanted to write instead of simple, boring stories he didn’t want to write. Hmm.

4 Likes

That’s why there’s an index at the end. :smiley: Even I, a pretty hardcore Tolkien fan, would be lost without it.

1 Like

It seems to go in that rout but the fact remains that the lore is unfinished. And we know its unfinished cause Silmarillion was formulated by his son cause the book was scrapped from all the stories that Tolkien made that he didnt finish cause of his death (I dont know if he ever planned it to be finished to tell you the truth), most of them having no chronological order until his son helped with that. And it would be very difficult to expand uppon that lore given the fact there will never be people like JRR in the world ever. We can only do small protions of what was given to us, but nothing major like he did.
Silmarillion is a good read, and it does explain a lot of things about the world, but it falls flat when it comes to the people, which were many that I lost track of, im sorry but it was.