The Makuta (Suppressed Form)

Hello everyone!!

I’m new here so i’ll just like to tell a short story on what makes me want to build this MOC.

I had my first bionicle set (Tao Mata Pohatu) in 2001, and from that day on, I fell in love with bionicle due to it unique design and built. I also knew that you can build your own bionicle from the get go and always wanted to build my own MOC, but due to the limited parts I have at that time. I couldn’t really build my own MOC (either that, or it’s really ugly).

In 2003, the Makuta set was release and I fell in love with it (I literally dream about it all the time when i was young). But it was too expensive at that time and my parents wouldn’t get it for me. A few months later and they stop selling the Makuta set. At that point I kinda gave up on bionicle (as a hardcore fan) and only get a bionicle set for fun every once in awhile.

A few months ago, I discovered bricklink. It was at this moment when i realize that I can finally relive my childhood dream. I quickly bought all the parts and started building the Makuta I always wanted 14 years ago.

This is the very first MOC where I put full effort into making it. So Yeah… here it is!!!

This MOC is about 14.5 inches tall. While making this MOC, I went for a more humanoid figure and proportion, not too buff and no over the top spikes and all.
Instate of giving Makuta his iconic staff, I decided to give him a large sword because I feel that this build of his suits a sword more compare to a staff.

Here are some pictures of his front and back view.

and here are some pictures of him posing with and without the sword.

Water bottle for scale

I haven’t really thought of a backstory for my MOC yet, but he’s just my revamp of the 2003 makuta, the big bad guy. So I don’t think that he needs a back story.
However I like to imagine that this Makuta is in his suppressed form, not revealing his full potential yet. I have no plans on making Makuta’s final form, but i imaging that it will be something similar to G2 Makuta.
But who knows, I just might make it in the future.

33 Likes

The moc is good, I do have a few complaints though:

1. The head is too small.
  2. The arms are too long.
  3. The arms and legs need some more silver to match the torso.

Also, welcome to the boards!

3 Likes

This is pretty neato. Reminds me a lot of the set but is still really unique

L A N K

This moc is pretty cool though. welcome to the boards it’s strange here.

@Morgy Thanks for your advise, I’ll try to modify it when I have the time.

@Vicroen Thank you, really appreciate that :slight_smile:

@RogueToa haha. Hopefully I’ll get used to the boards soon.

1 Like

Holy crap, that sword.
It needs no words.

2 Likes