The Mandalorian: Star Wars' First Live-Action TV Show

8 Likes

This.

I want this.

5 Likes

This lookin fire. Favreau, McGregor, and Filoni are going to save Star Wars haha

5 Likes

The trailer looks excellent (in the aesthetic sense) but I have two reservations. I’m not sure if Disney can really make this show substantially darker in tone (as this trailer suggests) than other Star Wars things, but I would definitely love a more mature story if they can pull it off. Also, the way Pascal has described his character in interviews makes me wonder how much character development we will actually get in the first season for him. The Mandalorian himself might end up just being a cool gunslinger, but I would hope for some more depth.

Every now and then I still wonder why this isn’t a Boba Fett series, but mostly I’ve put that aside and patiently await the show’s release.

6 Likes

Well, it looks like he just killed a guy with a door, so I think it’ll at least be clone-wars or rogue one level dark.
That being said, I am unbelievably hyped for this! I love the armored characters of star wars, and there are so many as the focus here! I’m equally hyped for Kenobi and Clone Wars season 7.

3 Likes

So… Death Troopers? I had thought they killed them all in RO, just for them to get replaced by Inferno Squad, but I suppose not. Perhaps their armor was repurposed as Guild Trooper-type uniforms?

I assume there are various units of death troopers in the empire,

2 Likes

Wookiepedia had led me to believe that they were all dead, I guess they fixed that.

2 Likes

Watched the trailer this morning.
And this show looks ridiculously good.
Sherlock/DW level.
Honestly. I can’t wait for this to come out. I just hate that it’s gonna be on Disney+.

2 Likes

A Star Wars space-western? Count. me. IN!

Also, is it just the Browncoat in me, or does the Mandalorian’s ship (the one first seen at 0:17; I’m assuming it’s his) bear more than a passing resemblance to Serenity?

4 Likes

Yeah, it does.
It also looks like some bounty hunters’ ships from the Clone Wars animated series. Which is a nice callback.

3 Likes

The death troopers have popped up in several different places. They are said to be comparable to US Navy Seals. In contrast, Inferno Squad is a singular specialized task force that was formed following the destruction of the First Death Star. Their early missions are detailed in Christie Golden’s excellent Inferno Squad novel.

Also, the audiobook is narrated by Janina Gavankar, Iden Versio’s voice/mo-cap actor. It’s cool:

3 Likes

That was a good book.

Anyways.

I want to know more about the assassin droid and the old guy with the death troopers.

2 Likes

Well, IG-11 is voiced by Taika Watiti, and that’s all I need to know to love him.

5 Likes

Ah, so it’s not IG-88.
internal screaming

3 Likes

As if I needed another reason to watch this.

When in the timeline does it take place, again?

1 Like

First off, Can’t wait. Second, geez people are so brutal towards storm troopers. They’re just doing what they were raised or told to do. After all, they’re still people. Third and most important, please don’t give the mandalorian a love interest.

2 Likes

Between RotJ and TFA

4 Likes

Ooh.
That’ll be some nice gaps that need filling.
I can’t wait to see what they come up with.

1 Like

Just curious, what’s your reasoning here? The thought hadn’t really occurred to me honestly. I think they’re going for the silent warrior vibe, so it might be good to introduce some humanity in him down the line. That said, I can see it being cliche if done wrong. Or it could just turn out as the Han Solo story again.

2 Likes