The Mandalorian: Star Wars' First Live-Action TV Show

And the fact that he was in love.

1 Like

Yeah, the power of love makes anything justifiable, isn’t that right comics Thanos? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Why? Love is too broad of an idea to become cliche.

4 Likes

Gonna be honest, I don’t entirely like this name…

Maybe it works for the show title, but it’s a little weird for someone’s only name to be the planet their armor hails from. We don’t even know if he actually is a Mandalorian, truthfully. I wish we could get a cooler name for him, personally.

I feel (and hope) that there won’t even be evil in this story. Or good, at least not in the main characters. Something like “Bounty,” the Clone Wars episode I mentioned earlier. There’s those who use morals and those who don’t, and that’s as far as light and dark go. Any farther than that, everything’s just gray.

Oh, no, not in this. Please, not in this. In Venom 2, maybe, but not in Mandalorian.

I do like this…

I mean, maybe they weren’t looking for justification, but were just made crazy by it.

3 Likes

The issue with revenge of the sith is, good comes back in the next movie and wins.

Yeah but uh, writers like to stay on one side of the moon with all of the cliches. Love gets old and becomes too large a focus.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister I can agree with this.

The way I’m wanting it as, is main characters who actually die, like in real life. I don’t want the only deaths to be faceless civilians and troopers.

@Sabretooth What about Lorine?

Edited for quadruple post- Prentice1215

Like what?

Well if you don’t put in the whole quote it doesn’t make sense.

So they aren’t using edgy cliches?

That sounds like it could work as a female version. Or ‘Manda…

I want a man named Lorine. Manda is pretty darn good though.

@Traykar Edgy cliches are at least more entertaining.

Edited for double post- Prentice1215

But they’re still overused in storytelling.

1 Like

Just no poorly done love. That is it.

So if it was well done you would be fine with it?

My version of done well is not easily achievable, but yes.

What is your version of well done?

Hard to detect.

So what exactly is wrong with love? How is it overused?

It’s literally everywhere and stuck to every character. I was okay with the love in Ninjago until it became a stupid love triangle. And then they gave every single ninja a love interest at some point. It was done poorly.

Cough, No justice for Cole, cough.

Anyways, you’re not saying what aspects of love are overused. Love is such a broad and expansive topic that there are nearly Infinite ways to express it within storytelling.

I agree that love can be broad but people aren’t doing the exploration. We’ve been oversaturated with the same tropes.

1 Like