The Mandalorian: Star Wars' First Live-Action TV Show

Don’t count on that.

We keep trying, but we are foiled at every turn.

Our TV’s too old, it won’t load on the firestick we bought for this express purpose, and out internet speed is low. (about 8 Mb on a clear day.)

1 Like

I really liked the underground Mandolorian area. I’m glad that they’re going to explore the Mandolorian culture and lifestyle. Also I really hope that as time goes on Mando will get more silver armor throughout the show. And what’s with the technology aspect in his chest plate? I can easily understand why it’s like that for the arm plating since it has gadgets. I just wonder why his chest plate needs to be so technological. The Mandolorian also seemed a bit weak for such a legendary bounty Hunter. He failed at getting the egg had it not been for the baby. He couldn’t board the sand crawler. He doesn’t look so good to me.

1 Like

Mandalorian armor is climate controlled, so there would be quite a bit of tech within the armor just to accomplish that, let alone whatever else it can do. It’s not just some plate with a fancy helmet and arm guards, plus a jetpack.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s good to know. At first I was very confused. I thought maybe it would help deflect blasters or something.

2 Likes

Yep. And it also probably has some fancy active defense systems, like you see on some modern tank prototypes, as well as futuristic ERA.

2 Likes

The trailers do show a second shoulder, as well as the chest plate and even a jetpack being added

Gold-Helmet is already, like, my third favorite character

He’s not really legendary. Like, I guess people are comparing him to Boba Fett, which I get, but he’s only ever explained as being “the best in the parsec.” That’s not a mythical feat, that just means he’s no legend. What’s really more special about him is his heritage. I mean, IG-11 can do nearly as much as him, but walking slower.

Also, I have this crazy theory:

[spoiler]So, we have this Empire dude, right? He wants Yoga (that’s its name, that’s what I’m calling the child), hopefully alive, but if not, he wants it dead. This Empire dude is seen wearing some cool Sith robe-style clothing, which makes me consider the possibility that he’s a Dark Side enthusiast, like the guy in Vader’s Castle in RO.

After witnessing Yoga’s species and power, it appears that Empire dude wants Yoga to be some sort of weapon, training him in the Dark Side to bring about the return of the Sith. I mean, everyone knows Yoda was some super legend, what if he was working with the Sith? Anyways, if Yoga falls into the hands of the heroes, the not-Empire, he may very well be brought up by Luke and become yet another enemy. So how does Pershing come in (the nerd who startles Mando)?

This part I can’t take complete credit for. I saw somewhere that Pershing was wearing a uniform very similar to Kaminoan clothes, which are tied deeply with cloning. But why does he want Yoga alive? He clearly retaliates when Empire dude suggests Mando brings him back dead if not alive, so he most likely plans to clone the infant. I don’t recall if Force has been confirmed as being able to duplicate in the canon, so perhaps an army of Sith Yogas may be a reality, but its also possible that Pershing isn’t a jerk and just wants to see the return of Yoda’s species.

IG-11, however, puts a very interesting twist on this story. 11 claimed that he had specific orders to murder the child at any cost, but this isn’t what was told to Mando. These two are obviously hired by separate parties, which explains why neither knew the either would be after a shared bounty. But who out there wouldn’t want a baby Yoga? My guess is that it’s someone who doesn’t want Empire dude to get his hands anywhere near the child, and is desperate enough to hire a droid and a trio of Trandoshan hunters to kill it. These only leads me to conclude that IG-11 was not hired by a villain, but perhaps the hopeful hero, willing to sacrifice an infant for the galaxy.

Basically, IG-11 = Good, Mando = Bad. Of course, I don’t mean the characters themselves, but who they are being hired by. I doubt Mando will give up Yoga to Empire dude, but we’ll just have to see.[/spoiler]

3 Likes

I have seen the first five episodes but my family hasn’t seen any. So my family will be getting the Disney+ trial and watch all of them when the last episode comes out. I’ve really enjoyed it so I am eager to see what they think of it.

4 Likes

I’ve loved the series so far. Haven’t seen chapter eight yet

You definitely need to watch the last episode. I think it’s one of the best if not my favorite.

2 Likes

I intend to watch it I just haven’t had the chance :joy:

2 Likes

I finished season one.
I loved it. Easily my favorite show of all time.
I can’t wait for season 2 to come out.

3 Likes

We kinda got all of this (except maybe the “doesn’t get roped into the galaxy-wide conflict” part.

1 Like

Oh yeah, you’re right!

But did it have the spirit of…

The High Ground…?

1 Like

October 30th, fellas

The time is almost upon us

5 Likes

Wait, really? We get Season 2 in October? Best October ever.

2 Likes

yeah it was announced a few weeks ago

1 Like

Wow, missed that. I can tell you what I’ll be doing this Halloween. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same
I wasn’t planning on going trick or treating anyways, now I’ll have something better to do than waste time on discord :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I probably won’t be busy on Halloween anyway due to covid. My girl and I can binge it leading up to S2

1 Like