The Mask Of Ultimate Power Is Evil (Discussion)

That would be coo- wait a second! Makuta gets the MoUD, and creates a dark Takanuva-like warrior with it (by means of a villager named Taco). He sends him out to combat the toa, but he turns against the evil mask to become the 7th power rang- I mean 7th toa!!!
-Oonie

1 Like

You miss my point.

Let me give you an example of what I mean.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/3/37/Optimusg1.jpg/350px-Optimusg1.jpg
This is Optimus Prime. He is first-in-command of the Autobots, and he is Noble and without moral compromise. However, his idealism can lead to his downfall, but he always lears from his seldom made mistakes, and takes his battle very seriously, all that nonsense.

This is Optimus Prime. He is an Autobot-Academy washout who was set to be a high ranking officer, but due to circumstances, eh was put in command of a no-name expendable Space Bridge Repair crew. He is still Optimus Prime, but a very different character.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/19/Optimus10108pieces.jpg
This is Optimus Prime. Heā€™s a broken man who, while being Leader of the Autobots, is very flawed. He puts on a Stoic face anyway, desipte being Psychologically messed up from his friends(Megatron) and his Heroes(Sentinel Prime) betraying him. While he may not be very liked, he is still an Optimus Prime.

As such, I mean to sayā€¦

This is Makuta. He is a totally evil Complete Monster with ambitions to take over everything, after being jealous of a being he saw as his equal. He was evil and died.

This is Makuta. We donā€™t know what his deal is, but heā€™s jealous of an individual he considers an equal, and desires to become superior to him, based on his backstory so far.

There is all sorts of room for variation or change or all sorts of stuff.

13 Likes

good point.

I actually believe that it could be the Krahkaan. it fits the evil look that the MoUP has better.

2 Likes

@ToaOrrel
It would be an intriguing redesign of the Krahkaan, but I think it could work if thatā€™s the case :3

1 Like

I would to see it be that the Mask of Ultimate Power is almost like Abeloth. Smart, cunning, and unrelentingly evil. Anyone who puts it on becomes corrupt and ā€˜badā€™.

I also would to see Makuta learn the error of his ways and become ā€˜goodā€™ in the end.

3 Likes

In the video Makuta isnā€™t really evil, he is just ignorant and jealous. The mask was what was shown to be evil. (the narrator saying ā€œevil planā€ doesnā€™t really fit).

3 Likes

ā€œignorant and jealousā€ i donā€™t feel like thatā€™s it at all. the whole scene where heā€™s forcing all 6 elements into the mask really seems to exude this evil intelligence. also, if the mask truly turned him evil, he would be in pain when the mask was placed on his face, and his transformation would have him writhing in pain instead of the triumphant laugh he gave out as he enlarged. (this is pure opinion. I just think they would have made it obvious that this was against his will.)

2 Likes

I think this should go to the BIONICLE 2015 Storyline Theory and Analysis topic, but I think this one itself can stand on itā€™s own.

1 Like

Yea I notice that the mask looks like the mask of light

Did the trailer say he wanted to destroy okoto? I may have missed this part.

1 Like

Well if its the mask of ultimate power then it probably would be like the Kanohi Ignika and be strong enough to generate its own mind. Also, I think the mask itself is evil because in the trailer they gave it a dark and evil look like the Kraakhan.

@CausticKrana
The trailer only said that Makuta was jealous of his brother however when he put the mask on the mask ā€˜took control over himā€™ and the island started to crack and be destroyed

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking that the Mask of Ultimate power might be evil because Makuta forged it with ill-intent. Think about it. If masks cannot contain the power of more than one element, and this has all six shoved inside, wouldnā€™t it have some kind of sentience (like any weapon in fantasy :P) that has been turned evil by the jealousy of Makuta? And when Makuta put it on, it augmented that jealousy into pure hatred, ensuring Makutaā€™s downfall.

Lord of the Masks :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the Mask of Ultimate power is pretty much evil by the look of it. However, at the same time I actually donā€™t want it to be %100 evil. If the user was capable of handling its power and controlling the dark spirit inside it they could have complete control and be able to master all 6 elements making them nearly impossible to defeat. Making the Mask of Ultimate Power a mask that takes a-lot of mental control to use but not evil. Makutaā€™s mind was just clouded in jealousy so the mask could have easily controlled him.

Thatā€™s just my idea though.

since itā€™s the mask of Ultimate power, do you guys think itā€™s possible that it might has itā€™s own spirit since it took over Makutaā€™s body?

2 Likes

Thats literally the entire theory scar has

3 Likes

I guess you could say that ultimate power corrupts ultimately. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Howdy allā€¦ appears this theory is confirmedā€¦

ā€œHe called it the mask of ultimate power. Upon wearing the mask, makuta was overtaken by dark forcesā€

As such the topic has now become a discussion thread to talk about who these ā€˜Dark Forcesā€™ are and why the Mask Of Ultimate Power is evil, enjoy :smile:

Also @Nyran :3

8 Likes

Perhaps the dark forces are some how related to the Skull Legionsā€¦?

The Lord Skull of the Spiders is referred to as an ancient evil, soā€¦ Perhaps these are the minions of the dark forces awoken by the power of the mask.

Itā€™s also said that the islanders are protectors of the island. They also shape the island using their masks.

Perhaps the island is a prison for ancient evils and the reason there is a sacred law that a mask can have no more than 1 element is because a mask with that power would be able to free them.

Now the Masters have to lock them back up again.

6 Likes