The Metal Thread

DEATH IN THE SHAPE OF A HANDSOME ITALIAN
Sabaton is a blast.

2 Likes

yas

GALLIPOLI, left their lettuce in the sand

WE!!! WE WILL RESIST AND BITE!!!

2 Likes

BITE HARD!!! CAUSE WE ARE ALL IN SIGHT!!!

the song is (in my opinion) second only to “Ghost Division”

What about Night Witches?

it’s pretty high up there, defiantly somewhere in my top 7

I recently figured how to play this on acoustic guitar.

@John_Smith Yeah, that’s pretty much me too, though I would add a couple of bands to the roster, namely Kamelot and Sabaton.

Also, I love the guy that made the death in the shape of a handsome Italien joke.

Speaking of which, does any else listen to Kamelot?

2 Likes

A bit. I’ve been meaning to listen to them more but just haven’t gotten around to it. XD

Sooo…Any fellow Carach Angren fans?

Really cool band. Favorite song is probably either Karma or Across the Highlands

Any love for Sonata Arctica in here?

1 Like

Yup, I’m a causal listener. I tend to drift around genres, picking up bands as I go along. I’ve gone through Kamelot and Blind Guardian phases, and I’m currently heading into a Rhapsody of Fire one. What I’ve heard from Sonata is quite similar to Rhapsody, so they’ll probably be up next, or soon up and coming.

I know this is a response to something a year and half old but oh well. Having listened to both bands for a long time now I personally prefer Metallica over Megadeth. Megadeth just has a lot of “okay” albums, Metallica on the other hand has less albums, but more of them being great. I guess it just comes down to personal taste in what you want from thrash metal.

Anyone like Breakdown of Sanity? More or less djentcore. MAYBE could be deathcore if you picked a song or 2

I do enjoy a bit of metal
mainly… Dragonforce, Rainbow and DIO
also Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple

Come April, I’m going to see Anthrax, Killswitch Engage, And The Devil Wears Prada. Should be a good show. Anthrax was great when I saw them with Lamb of God (who also sounded awesome, they’re one of my favorite bands actually) last January, so I’m looking forward to it.

Recently, I’ve been listening to a one man band called Berserkyd, who I learned about through a podcast I enjoy known as the Drunken Peasants. It’s mostly instrumental stuff, but I like stuff like that. Here’s a link if you wanna listen.

And 1+ to Halestorm and Metallica, both are pretty good IMO.

Easily my favourite band.
https://youtu.be/s6WGNd8QR-U
And the best song from this band:
https://youtu.be/zBXWBj7hIzg
Oh yeah, and if you like them, they have a new album coming in March.

Lucky son of a gun. I’m sure it’ll be fun, For All Kings was actually a really good album and they’ve made a decent comeback with Joey (rip the high pitched vocals though…) so far.

Anyone else here a fan of In Vain?

I don’t know them particularly, but what I’ve heard of Djent I like a lot. Namely Polyphia and Teramaze, who are pretty fantastic.