The "My LEGO got destroyed/all broke' topic

So yesterday all of my LEGO got thrown an the floor so I thougt I’d make a topic for those of you who’ve lost a collection to a sibling or angry parent.

I guess I’ll start us off with my story.
It was 8pm, I was doing a big homework assessment in tomorrow and also had to revise for a science test.
At 9:30, my @@@ comes in and says.“Go do this inconvenient thing because I want to do it in the morning and you’ll hold me up.”

1.my @@@ never gets up before 7:30
2.I have homework
3.My @@@ has nothing to do in the morning

I say “can’t I do it in the morning?”
@@@ “NO, I want to in the morning an you’ll hold me up
Me” @@@, I’ll be five minutes, this homework needs to be finished "
So stuff happens and it ends up in @@@ swiping my entire table of lego. (And other stuff I don’t want to write)
So, post your sad/funny stories here and I just hope this topic doesn’t get moved to what’s happening in your life because I’ll be banned from the message boards.
#####Please.

4 Likes

When I was younger, my dad used to threaten to throw all of my Lego sets away if I didn’t clean them up. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have done it, but it was never worth the risk. I never actually lost my collection, thankfully, but the risk was enough to make me think of it.

2 Likes

Same here.

Also, one time I destroyed one of my sister’s sets accidentally or something, and then my dad got frustrated and destroyed one of my mocs.

I need to give that moc a V2…

1 Like

That moment when my brother and I spent months creating a Lego city sprawled across two folding tables only for our younger four year old brother to wipe it all out in five minutes while we were at school. Those were dark times.

4 Likes

Your dad destroyed one of your Mocs?

1 Like

Yeah, it was a long time ago.

But funnily enough, it happens to one of the only mocs to survive somewhat intact from that period in my life.

1 Like

Woo boi.

For starters, I did fall victim to the whole “If I step on one more LEGO, I’m throwing them all away” threat. I also lost some pieces that were left in storage, and of course I’ve had my fair share of shattered MOCs.

Rest in piece

2 Likes

Somebody actually followed through on that threat?.. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I think he means, he believed it.

If someone did follow through, that is sad.

3 Likes

^^^

Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

3 Likes

So back when I was younger I left the Titanium Command Rig from Power Miners under a blanket on the couch.

Later on I witnessed my ignorant father sit on it and destroy the thing. Also pretty much 70% of my Lego sets are in pieces anyways from having them over time then destroying them while playing with them and getting too lazy to rebuild them.

2 Likes

One time when I was little I made an insectoid moc that I was very proud of at the time but when he didn’t like it “because it was a gross bug” I got upset and threw it on the driveway where it shattered into pieces because I thought it would make him happy.
Looking back idk why I did that. This happened when I was 8.

1 Like

Who is the person you refer to as ‘he’ exactly?

1 Like

I don’t remember there exact name, but the name “Jaden” comes to mind. I don’t know if that’s their actual name but I haven’t seen this person since I was at most 9.

Edit: oh sorry I realized I made a mistake. I was playing with lego the garage with a friend. I forgot to include that part.

1 Like

Not the mlp merchandise!

3 Likes