The new Cartoon Network

I saw Teen Titans Go in this topic.
http://www.gifdivision.com/uploads/4/6/0/3/46032175/04_-_pnltk.gif

Jokes aside, the only thing I kinda like about TTG is the art style. I just like that type of art.
Now, I don’t love it. I just like it.

The rest of the things in TTG are horrid trash that should be burned in a fire.

6 Likes

So…

We Bare Bears,
how do you guys feel about it?
Looks a bit boring from over here, but I haven’t actually watched a full episode.

I really like these promos though
( the third one has other cn shows referenced in it).

1 Like

Looks like a fun time waster, nothing too promising in terms of story.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If they had more shows like Steven Universe, then everything would be at peace.

That show is amazing.

2 Likes

WARNING: REVIEW INCOMING, hide the children!

I watched the 9 episodes that have aired of the show, and I thought it was pretty good, but it’s not something that I’d watch for the “story”. As far as I can tell, there may be some continuity, but all of the episodes have a self-contained plot, where the bears get caught up in some form of shenanigans.

The characters, Grizz, Panda, and Ice bear, are all fairly standard archetypes. Grizz is somewhat of the “main” character, and is kinda the straight man of the show; not much of a character in his own right, but he works by working off other characters. Panda is the antisocial nerd/weeaboo type, who is constantly worried about his popularity on his social networks, is engrossed in pop culture, and doesn’t like the outside world. Then there’s Ice bear, the silent “Ferb” (From Phineas and Ferb) type character, who doesn’t talk often, but when he does, he brings some pretty funny one-liners to the show. His gimmick being, that he only talks in the 3rd person, which is a funny gag, that could get old to some people.

“We Bare Bares” is supposed to be a comedy, but it isn’t the funniest animated show out there, that’d be Gravity Falls (imo). But, who knows? You may find it’s style of humour quite funny :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:. If you are interested in shows that have deep characters that actually develop over the course of the show, and great comedy, go watch Steven Universe or Gravity Falls. But, if you liked shows back in the early days of CN, like Ed, Edd, ‘n’ Eddy, which had no over-arching plot, but was still hilarious, you will probably enjoy “We Bare Bears”.

– Waj

6 Likes

do not defend it. it is garbage that unabashedly is trying to ride off the previous version’s success.

2 Likes

I wasn’t defending it.
I saw a post.
Found a gif and posted it while quoting said post

1 Like

I don’t watch shows very much but-
##They really need to stop making reboots.
Recently Pan-Pizza made a reboot idea on Ed Edd n’ Eddy and someone got a redesign of Plank

The creator of the show actually replied to the the idea and gave a big F- no.

5 Likes

To be honest, I would give them the same reaction. Happy to see the creators are smart in this one.

1 Like

okay, I haven’t watched Adventure Time in a while, Regular Show still seems funny, We Bare Bears seems pretty good, Gumball is great, and Steven Universe is one of my favorite shows ever

however I have not watched TTG in a long while (thankfully so), I don’t know if the power puff girls reboot is any good because I haven’t watched it, and I just worry for the Ben 10 reboot, hoping it will be good

1 Like

The Amazing World of Gumball is probably the most underappreciated cartoon in several years. The relentless wit throughout the series is comparable to even Home Movies.

2 Likes

I watched a few episodes of that show.

Thought it was OK. There were a few moments it made me laugh.

It just felt like it was way too heavily centered on current society. Almost too much, really. It’s going to age and in the next ten years the jokes in there will pretty much become irrelevant.

1 Like

I can’t imagine any cartoon not aging within 10 years.

Also, most of Gumball’s humor relies on messing around with the various animation techniques, applying some slapstick to that, and occasional absurdism. I don’t recall any social commentary.

And even IF it’s humor focussed around current society, that would continue to stay relevant, as South Park would prove. Current society is always “current”.

I haven’t seen it yet, but,

My mom is really hyped for the new Power Puff Girls.

And I have no idea why.

Honestly out of all the complaints I’ve heard about the show, I’ve never seen this one.

While the show is based in the present, it’s plots often revolve around mostly timeless slice-of-life issues. Leeching friends, that one person it’s always awkward to be around, the evil neighbor, etc. Of course there are episodes that focus with current things like the the Apple/IPhone parody Bobert but there’s nothing wrong with drawing inspiration from the current times in the first place. The comedy is what comes first, and as long as it’s set up and executed well then it works.

Truth be told be told I agree with @CunningCondor, AWoG is a vastly unappreciated comedy in age where “serious cartoons” are the expected norm. That’s not to say I don’t love cartoons that have some weight to them, but like any other form of media variety is much appreciated. I do feel it’s weirdness in the animation and sometimes the premise without sacrificing good writing and jokes is to be admired, as a lot of other shows could learn a thing or two from it coughUncleGrandpacough

2 Likes

If I had one complaint about Gumball, it would be either that the visual style may take some getting used to. It’s fantastic, but not easy to grasp for newcomers. It improves with each season it seems, tho.

Oh yeah, that thing got cancelled.

Hallelujuah.

6 Likes

We Bare Bears seems good now(to some people I don’t like it) , but give it time. I can see it going downhill FAST. Like, in a season or two. Unlike some people, i don’t hate Steven Universe, I just think it’s ok. But at least Steven Universe will be able to last. I really like Adventure Time, but maybe that’s because I’ve followed it since it’s beginning and understand the dark(ish-er) parts of the show.

oh… right

The PPG reboot

AKA

TTG with the ppg paint

none of the old writers

just a bunch of guys poking in memes and ignoring story