The Nexo Knights Topic

Why do you care more about the gender of the characters than their personalities?
Out of the competent archetype clay, ava, queen halberd, two out of three are female, who cares?
There’s no reason to crowd a character roster with useless tokens to balance something you yourself said doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Because it’s kind of ridiculous that the character designers choose to make so many characters male. I mean, 14 male characters (not counting generic minions) in a year to 5 female ones (counting the harpies, which seem to be intended as generic minions as well). In any given setting, on average, half of the characters should be female, yet over all LEGO themes, 90% are male. It’s not about tokens, it’s about the fact that people think that a female character is just there as a token, despite the fact that by that logic, all the characters are tokens since they’re either male or female.

But this is getting really off topic.

2 Likes

No.
It doesn’t matter.
It shouldn’t matter.

People think that because people keep trying to force more female characters into things on the grounds that there needs to be more female.

No, if you add a character for no other reason than ‘more ____’ they’re a token, they exist to fill a quota.

And to keep this relevant, OK, you want more female characters in nexo knights, which male characters do you want dead? Or do you want to flood the roster with characters so all the characters get less development?

5 Likes

Those new sets (aside from the stone colossus) look a lot better than the first wave. The castle is magnificent, and macy’s dragon is cool because it doesn’t look like just another NK vehicle (mainly because of the nice color choices). The heligoyle is interesting, and I’m very interested in seeing who’s that bad guy minifig in Aaron’s set.

1 Like

“Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction”

poetry :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@Likus yep, but still its a set ?

anyone found these nexo shield booster packs ? I found them only in Amazon.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

what does Just2good think of these sets?

1 Like

I short: “the large ones are crap, but the small ones are atleast good, but nexo knights is starting to be like Chima, I think that the next year would be the last” Why he thinks so ? I cant get it.

1 Like

I’ve just watched the rest of season 3.

It was great.

(also the stone colossus looks better in the show).

1 Like

What doesn’t look better in the show? :stuck_out_tongue:

king’s mech, IMO

it’s pretty lanky in the series proper.

The King’s mech, the siege machine of doom, the evil mobile, and the chaos chariot are some that come to my mind right now, but yeah you’re probably right. I think they did a great job with the 3D models overall, especially the battle suits.

1 Like

Hopefully we get Monstrox’s human form. Bit worried about Nexo Knights potentially not getting a third year, which people seem concerned about at the moment.

In terms of what interests me, the black stone goblin thing from the Collosus set and Lord Krakenskull are definitely figures i’ll want to pick up. Still an immense shame that we do not get the water and swamp based villains we’ve seen in the artbook, i felt they had more unique designs.

2 Likes

IDK, some of the swamp guys looked pretty lame.

the water ones were cool, though

also, having caught up on the show

I plan to get

• Lance’s Twin Jouster
  • Ruina’s Lock and Roller
  • The Heligoyle
  • The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction
  • Knighton Castle
  • Macy’s Bot Drop Dragon

and then big maybes for Clay’s Falcon Fighter and Aaron’s Rock Climber

also, in the show

there are 3 Harpies

but there’s only 1 set that has 1 in the sets, that being the Heligoyle

IDK if I’m just gonna try to get the minifigs on the aftermarket

or just buy 3 Heligoyles.

I mean, the parts are nice

but IDK.

2 Likes

True, think it would have been nice to get more varied pieces though.

Kind of seems like a downgrade for Nexo Knights going from lava monsters to stone monsters. Swamp or Water may have also been a downgrade, but could have been interesting to see regardless.

Plus we could have gotten a big-fig Shark guy.

1 Like

how is that a good thing?

3 Likes

I guess you dislike big-figs?

Personally I take it as showing Lego’s commitment to the theme, that they are willing to make an almost entirely new more expensive mold and take a risk on it not selling.

Big-fig’s are more expensive to make as they require more of the ‘plastic’ than regular sized figures - so when a theme gets a big-fig its normally because Lego are investing in the theme. It also would have offered a bit more variance than brick-built villains or minifigures.

1 Like

I much prefer the brickbuilt giants the line has given us thus far compared to the typical bigfigs.

6 Likes

yeah, i noticed that they only use bigfigs in some very “monotization” worth themes, like in ninjago, we just the first ninjago big fig in just last year, so ?

And has anyone tried to make a forbidden trio power ? (like put three forbidden powers into a combi shield and scan into the game)

1 Like

To be fair, the stone monsters are interlaced with electricity and lightning, a unique combination to say the least

2 Likes