The Nexo Knights Topic

i personaly feel that if they did something like this, then these mounts would probably get the same treatment like the hover horses did in the tv show, as in they are not used in the tv show like they are in the sets, where in the tv show, the hover horses seems to just be used only for arena shows.

1 Like

To be fair, if you had to choose between a hover horse and a much larger more powerful vehicle to fight an evil army which would you pick.

1 Like

yeah, but we donā€™t see many hover horses outside of arena battles. In Chima, the use of Speedorz was so common that it was the most common vehicle.

infact, i donā€™t think we see many of the other knights of the kingdom besides the squire bots and the nexo knights.

ill need to check to be sure, mind you.

Hover horse for mobility and maneuverability. Iā€™m a glass canon kind of guy. I prefer maximizing speed and offensive output and finding an exploit to make it work. Besides, they look cool and thatā€™s all that matters in a LEGO set.

Also, we already have mechanical animal mounts, so if you donā€™t like them, thenā€¦

The ones we have are horses, which fit the knight theme, theyā€™re some of my favorite sets, I just donā€™t want everyone to get a token robopet.

1 Like

Alright, but I do (not exactly as pets, d you). Whatā€™s un-knightly about bears, bulls, hawks, and dragons? Those are all animals Iā€™ve seen associated with knights and medieval themes from fantasy stories and historical folk tales.

Besides, only a real warrior would ride in on a bear.

1 Like

Yes, as crests, show me a knight riding a hawk and Iā€™ll concede.

i just rememerd that Nexo Knight does not have 20 episodes, it have 22. you see, i mention a long while ago that there was this two part episode called ā€œknights of the realmā€ which involved the knights fighting Jestro and the Book of Monsters who were trying to retrive the book of anger (which is actualy mentiond in the second to final episode of season 2.

this two part story is special because it gives some of the background on the knights and on Jestro.

this is also the episode were in they did not bother with creating an original model for Axl and instead just gave him a child voice.

That makes it all the more viable for a knight. Besides, animals are awesome, and mech animal steeds reflecting the personality types of the Knights is even better. I mean, spirituality and forest mysticism was very prevailent during the medieval time period. They believed in magic for crying out loud.

well i found the two videos of the ā€œKnights of the realmā€ episodes, but they are not in english sadly.

atleast you all get to see what the nexo knights and Jestro looked like as kids:

How is that a response to my argument?

ā€œIt doesnā€™t fit the knight theme, animals were used as crests(and are in nexo knights), and I donā€™t want token pets(which you know is the direction they would take).ā€

ā€œBut animals are cool and people in the middle ages believed in magic.ā€

Please try to think of an argument that isnā€™t ā€œrobot animals are coolā€, I agree, but I donā€™t think they would work in nexo knights.

1 Like

Here, I managed to find the english version of Knights of the Realm:
https://drive.google.com/drive/ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ?usp=drive_web ā† part one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-MXBt45KWk5T2kwMWRDdmhHRVU/view ā† part two

1 Like

Kid Clay is best.

4 Likes

Well, yā€™seeā€¦ I quoted your argument, then I typed my response out, and then pushed reply. :wink:

Iā€™ve been using my knowledge on medieval culture and folktales in my reasoning. I can understand if all you know about knights is that they stereotypically wore awesome armor and rode a steed into war, but Iā€™m focusing on more than just the aesthetic. I really like the myths and legends that came about in that time (superstitious people make the best folktales and legends). The fact is, animals had spiritual meaning and value to people during that time.

My argument is that mechs are heavily prevalent in Nexo Knights. Itā€™d only make sense to have their crests play into their mechs, because it gives their mechs a sense of personality, and represents where they come from.

Their official crests:

Axle: a bull
Aaron: a fox
Lance: a horse
Macey: a dragon
Clay: a hawk

When I think about the Midieval time period, I think castles towns and villages with vast wilderness and wildlife separating them. Knighton is no different, and we even know that they themselves are very superstitious. Magic is also prevalent, so why on Earth would it be such a bad thing to give everyone else a steed like Lanceā€™s, based off of their crests, like Lanceā€™s?

1 Like

Well, it seemed more of an opinion than part of an argument.

I, for one, agree that animals are really cool. However, given the much more technological and vehicular nature of this theme, I think theyā€™d be a bit out of place.

Rather than animal steeds, Iā€™d instead prefer vehicles that showed traits of animals, such as the upcoming jet for Clay that has falcon-esque wings.

2 Likes

For the same reason Lego hasnā€™t, horses make logical sense for a knight theme, arguably a dragon could pass, though frankly weā€™ve gotten more than enough dragons in recent years from ninjago, but the others just donā€™t work, a fox? a bull? a hawk? these animals just donā€™t work as knight mounts, at least imo.

2 Likes

In your opinion, they donā€™t. In my opinion, they do. Either way, all we can do is hope that in later waves we get what we want.

So, Eurobricks user Mediumsnowman purchased the Mr. Freeze Ice attack set and analyzed the pieces. I know most people have already purchased the set and know about the pieces, but among them was the new Battle Suit torso:

The bottom has a pinhole to clip the Samurai X minibuild waist onto it, but jeez; thatā€™s a lot of connection points. I, personally, somewhat dislike it, but the torso armor should make up for the shovel-like shape. Itā€™s alright, I guess.

6 Likes

That looks like an amazing part for small scale mechs.

LOTS of versatility in those connection points.

4 Likes

What is that beautiful contraption.

3 Likes