The Nexo Knights Topic

Ah i think i see what you mean, though it looks a bit weak in terms of construction given the shield pieces on the sides are attached by a small technic connection.

Eh, those connections are always way stronger than they seem.

It looks like it’ll be the best vehicle for the combination due to the small size allowing more or less the whole thing to be added, allowing it to remain a bit more coherent. I mean, I can imagine the head just folding over the pilot’s head, the wings acting as side-shields and the tail just remaining a wrecking-ball tail.

So, to talk about something from this year,
I got the knights code book, and frankly it’s the best lore book Lego’s released in a while, it would just be a good lore book, but the knights are sh**posting commenting throughout, which is, at least imo rather entertaining, and is a great way to keep the book from feeling monotonous to read, if you see it I’d definitely recommend at least looking through a few pages to see if it interests you.

1 Like

I got this little Nexo Knights thingy for free. Can someone please tell me what the heck is this supposed to be?

Well, at least I got a Merlock 2.0 hologram for free :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

A simple storage solution for Nexo Powers.

On a side note, am I the only one hoping that when Monstrux is finally defeated permanently, probably around 2018, it’s due to Jestro’s rather overpowered but immediately forgotten about magic ability to turn anything into one or multiple pigs from Knights of the Realm? I mean, all he’d have had to do to end the 2016 storyline would be turn the Book of Monsters into a pig and kick said pig into the lava. Instant win, plus his lair would smell like fresh bacon.

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to be the control room of the fortrex.

1 Like

So, what currently game-only Nexo Powers do you guys hope will be made into physical versions? I’m hoping for Centipede and Cobra Backstab. Both of those have a similarly iconic look to the knight’s emblems.

@Poharu huh apparantly Bart Smit decided that the 10.99 price wasn’t a good idea then… I’m still not gonna buy from them though. they can keep their inflated prices.

I found all the mechs for 8 euros, plus all of the other winter sets discounted by like 10%, in a shop in Delft, so if you live in that region, it might be worth it to go looking there.

I am on a quest to comb the local Walmart stores for the Fortrex.

today i bought almost all of the nexo knight battle suits (missing Axl’s suit) and Lance’s Twin Jouster.

now while i don’t like Nexo Knights, i will say that 2017 might actualy be Nexo Knights better year, because it does not have one, but two collectables, the forbidden powers and the battle suit combinations.

with these two collectables, i thus have more of a reason to get more of the Nexo Knight sets than i did with 2016, which only had one Collectable, the books of dark magic.

now though, even if there are no forbidden power in the set, you still get a reason to buy the set if it also comes with one of the Battle suit combinations.

also, if the forbidden powers are also going to show up in the Nexo Power packs, then you also have a reason to get those too.

now over to the show, i personaly now just hope that Jestro… does NOT get redeemed at the end of the 2017 story.

why?

because he was redeemed in the 2016 story, and if he is redeemed again in the 2017 story and still is going to show up again as one of the bad guys of the 2018 story, then why redeem him? It just seems pointless, which is why i say, keep him a villain until he can finely be permamently redeemed.

so i found three dutch voiced videos of Nexo Knight’s third season. if anyone here can dutch, maybe they could translate what is said in them:

so as we can see from the videos, the forbidden powers are stone tablets that contains magic, what the stone sircle we see in the app game is meant to do, i have no idea of yet.

edit: and here is another video i found (also in Dutch) that features the forbidden power being used, Rogul apparenly also being able to use the forbidden power (which is basicly rust) and the new way that the Nexo Scans will be done in season 3:

So, I built my first few non-LDD Nexo Knights MOCs recently. A lava monster siege ballista, a four-legged lava beast/catapult (both built from the small vehicles that come with larger knight’s sets plus the $10 globlin launcher thing), and a bat for a knight character I came up with (built mostly from Merlok’s Library and the Black Knight Mech plus the good guy Ultimates). The reason I built a bat was mostly because “Crimson Bat” was one of the few good-looking animal-based shield inlays that, according to the Merlok app, is actually going to appear in a set. Plus, there’s kind of a ready-made backstory available for a knight, what with classic castle’s Basil the Bat Lord. Anyway, it ended up fairly nice-looking, using those weird V-shaped pieces as pauldrons (which only accidentally resemble the 2017 knight armor), and three points of articulation per limb, plus one for each of the wing fingers (four per side, as per real bats), and one for the neck and one for each ear.

EDIT: The english versions of the character videos have been uploaded.

yeah but this video i find to be the most notable one:

now the story in this video is more like the one in the app game. But from what i have seen of the released episodes on Youtube (which are in dutch by the way) thats not the case, not saying that the next season is not interesting… its just not like the story that this video is telling us.

by the way, im seriously wondering who the black gargoyle is, because its the only Gargoyle in that color, it looks like it would be a notable, named monster.

The black gargoyle has been named in the app. His name is General Garg.

1 Like

notable info from Ruina’s character page:

Ruina Stoneheart is a witch with a surge of electrical magic running through her. This lady is charged and she will zap anything around until it is in her power. She serves Jestro and the Cloud of Monstrox, but there is something going on between her, Clay and Merlok 2.0. One must wonder who this wicked witch of the weather really is…

now… while this might be a story related thing, i would just like to remind people of what Lavaria’s character info said:

Lavaria is not the usual loud and noisy “I am going to crush everything!” kind of monster. She is a sneaky kind of monster and therefore the chief spy of Jestro’s army. This silent warrior can steal everything except what she truly wishes for – a kiss from her wicked master.

from what i can remember, Lavaria never mentiond or gave some kind of a hint that she had a soft spot for Jestro in the tv show, instead she was just what she was, the lava monster army’s main spy.

So it rather possible that Ruina’s character info might also not happend.

1 Like

I may have just come up with the worst pun name of all time.

3 Likes

So that’s what Aaron’s little shield addition is for.

i knew that ever since i saw the toy production video:

1 Like

So, here’s the set list for the summer (taken from Eurobricks):
70353 - The Heligoyle (€ 38.49)
70354 - Axl’s Rumble Maker (€ 49.49)
70355 - Aaron’s Rock Climber (€ 71.49)
70356 - The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction (€ 82.49)
70357 - Knighton Castle (€ 153.99)
70361 - Macy’s Bot Drop Dragon (€ 19.99)
70373 - Nexo Powers Wave 2 (€ 4.49)

Quite frankly, LEGO better make sure one of those missing set numbers is an exclusive large vehicle for Macy. The Knighton Castle sounds amazing from the price alone, and a gargoyle helicopter? Wow. Plus, a large set for the Collosus! Not sure what to make of Aaron having a large set, and we still don’t know if we’re getting more Battlesuit format sets.

1 Like