The Nexo Knights Topic

I don’t mind a few exposed studs here and there, but in cases like with the stone colossus, it looks horrible and unfinished IMO.

Yes they do, in fact. Otherwise the set isn’t up to a good quality standard, and like I said, it make the set looks unfinished. Would you rather buy an unfitted set, or a finished set.

yeah, you are right, well.

A better question would be, Has anyone actually read “The Forbidden Power?”

…'Cause I have!
It’s a wonderful book. Brallier manages to tell the gist of the Nexo Knights world through the eyes of Fletcher Bowman, while still introducing new themes Forbidden Powers will defend themselves against non-magical entities while in statue form , characters Izzy Richmond, the Rogul, Zilgo and Beak , and settings the orphanage Fletcher used to live in .
I love the inclusion of the drawings; they just add so much to the story, overall (you actually know what the characters look like).
The humor was great, and the overall plot, while introduced a little bit unexpectedly, ended up being very interesting as the story continued.

Overall, I’d rate it:
Better than the Bionicle G2 books/10

1 Like

Even Escape from the Underworld?
If so I have to read it!

2 Likes

I would honestly say so!

1 Like

That book was better than the show. But the final battle kind of thing was a little bit slow. Anyways I would recommend it.

4 Likes

hey, if anyone does not know it, the new sets looks to be released on the LEGO Shop. Also the new characters are also listed on the Nexo Knight site. And ho boy are there some spoilers in those.

i can’t find much of a trailer in English (nor one that is complete) so this one will have to do:

2 Likes

Ok, so… there are new set names for 2018.

-72001 Lance’s Hiver Jouster
-72002 Twinfector
-72003 Berserker Bomber
-72004 Tech Wizard
-72005 X- Bow
-72006 Axl’s Rolling Arsenal

Do you think there are more than just these few that have been found?

The “berserker bomber” sounds neat!
The colors for the enemies seem to be black and green, at least that’s the rumor, which is way better than this year’s dull grey with purple (but mostly grey), so that’s already a plus.

I swear to my lord Ole Kirk, if the NK team doesn’t make at least twelve Insectoid references within the first wave, I’m going to burn down LEGO HQ.

Seems a bit radical :fire:
######Why do people expect references everywhere btw?

I wasn’t being too serious about it, but it would be kinda cool. A reference like that brings a light onto LEGO’s history, something a nerd like me finds neat.

1 Like

Where’s the love for Galaxy Squad?

There’s love for Galaxy Squad? I haven’t found any

Lego loves them, they made a spinoff from it (Ultra Agents).

here are a few images from the Book of Monstrox:

Ever wonderd what the three brothers looked like before they were revived?

Durring the Book, Monstrox starts to talk about wanting to become a tv star:

A young Wanda/Ruina and Merlok:

More images of the two:

If anyone are hoping for the other monsters shown in the Book of Monsters to show up in later seasons of the theme, well too bad, just like the Lava Monsters, they too have turned a new leaf:

two images of Lord Krakenskull and his pet.:

And here it is, the Colossus of Ultimate Destruction:

and now the last image from the book:

7 Likes

This artwork is really cool. I might actually want to pick this book up.

So I saw the images for 2018 Nexo Knights, the wave seems rather underwhelming.

There appears to be only 5 sets, which is considerately small since they didn’t add smaller sets ($10-15 sets) compared to the last year of Chima. The villain have a Blacktron vibe going and the heroes still specialized on certain vehicles (ex: Arron ride on a plane-like vehicle).

3 Likes

They made a mech-suit for a mech-suit.

2 Likes

Not going to lie, this is one of the most disappointing and generic waves for an original IP LEGO theme I’ve seen in years.

Let’s start off with 72006, Axl’s main vehicle. It’s basically a miniature Fortrex that’s been infected with a terrible color scheme and stupid add-ons. The worst part about it is that the original Fortrex will probably still be around at retail stores during the 2018 wave, making this thing’s existence extremely unnecessary.

Then we’ve got 72003. It’s definitely the best in the batch, but that’s not exactly saying much. Sure, it’s an okay fighter jet-like spaceship, but is it better than similar sets LEGO has done in the past? No, not really. I might even go as far as to say that it’s one of the most generic and boring spaceships we’ve ever seen in a LEGO Space (or in this case, Space-like) theme.

Moving on to 72002, it’s your average LEGO motorcycle set. Nothing special, nothing new. Nothing. It’s just a box of nothingness.

I’m not too sure on what I can say about 72001 since the bulk of the set (Lance’s vehicle) is covered with the usual confidentiality watermark and the leaked set name doesn’t help either. So in other words, I have no idea what it is. It kind of looks like a turret with lances glued on maybe? All I know is that it looks like a cobbled together mess.

We’re at the second to last set, 72005. It’s Aaron’s vehicle and probably his worst. I don’t have much to say here. It’s just an ugly plane with an even uglier color scheme.

Finally, there’s 72004, Clay’s vehicle. Nexo Knights has had some of the best mechs in recent LEGO history, but this one is by far the weakest of the five or six released. It’s a cobbled together mess with a trans. orange obsession. The gimmick of having a mech inside of a mech is alright, but it was just not done well.

9 Likes