The Nexo Knights Topic

a turret with lances glued on maybe

Maybe lances glued on with peanut butter maybe?

But seriously this theme looks bad. I mean, the skittle knights are in space now fighting blacktron rejects from like 25 years ago. I guess the burger king license never became a thing because the king disappeared. He was my favorite character. :fearful:

8 Likes

Did LEGO even bother to look at the feedback people give Nexoknights. the villians again are OK but the knights again have bad color schemes.

constration hands in blue. its been 4 years

1 Like

the blue and orange contrast on its own is whatever

but trying to mix in 1 of 5 other colors is just a recipe for disaster

6 Likes

I hope they change that background on the boxes because that blue landscape looks really ugly.

3 Likes

They’re likely fighting at the enemy turf or the land is corrupted, again.

I want to make a separate topic of this, but isn’t too major compared to 2014 Chima Constraction:

The second wave of Nexo Shield never made it in the US, only in UK/EU. I worry if 2018 will be excluded at certain country as well.

2 Likes

from what i have been able to dig up around the internet, it would seem that the new wave of Nexo Knights will have Monstrox having become a virus version of Merlok 2.0 (which is why the villains have green as a secondary color) so bascily it would seem that Nexo Knight 2018 would be the Nexo Knight version of Ninjago “Rebooted”.

in addition, it would also look like Jestro is finally on the heroes side, instead of working with Monstrox as in one of the set pictures, he is shown leaving the Nexo Knight’s vehicle.

All of the monsters under Monstrox’s control also seems to be made up of robots, heck one can even see some corrupted squire bot wearing black armor in some of the set images.

1 Like

Thought I’d mention: go to the constraction EuroBricks forum and click the “new constraction theme” topic. The guy mentions that this will be the final wave of NK (no summer sets) and the arise of new 2018 constractios (as the title says).

It’s a 4chan link, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, I’m actually hoping this goes down like Chima rather than Ninjago; the show is less than mediocre and impact my liking for the sets, so I’m not really keen on seeing this theme continue. This is unfortunately my bias, but seeing the sets go for year 4 a la Rebooted would still be interesting. I do like the sets though, even if the story is on par with Chima.

2 Likes

So, we are right now working with zombie robots ? Okay ?
But still i kinda hope that this wave will atleast okay.

The NK 2018 sets weren’t in the catalog LEGOPeru posted, which I assume was in English (NA perhaps?). They were, however, in the European catalog leaked on 4Chan. Maybe this confirms?

Promobricks posted a preview of December calendar and revealed our first Nexo Knight for 2018 (despite this set being released early this month some reason), 72003 the Berserker Bomber.

edit:

Another set previewed from a Lego Life magazine:

The new spider mold is about 1x1 and im willing to collect some for a moc.

3 Likes

It’s also noteworthy that the Brickset article which reported on the aforementioned image of 72006 also mentioned that it’s more or less been confirmed that all of the sets are exclusive to a certain retailer over in the UK. Historically, this is, uh, not a good sign for a theme.

EDIT: The article says that it’s a rumor, and it is, but the (typically knowledgeable) folks on EB seem to think that it’s extremely likely. In such a scenario, make of that what you will. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that they bring back some kind of castle theme after it’s dead.

I would love to see a fantasy-era castle theme again; less basic knights and more crazy races and elves and dwarves and goblins and stuff.

5 Likes

Hey, those sets doesnt look so bad, actually look quite nifty, why has the dude higher said that they looked bad ? I dont care about reeses idea to kill off the theme, still has some redeaming qualities. If they kill off the theme, then atleast make it more like Warcraft, i mean like: Different races (kinda chima style, but with some brain behind it) and with some atleast coherenet lore and story, if you want an “blank man” theme (like city or the old castle), then atleast have more races. Why not straight out make a theme with only “anthro” figs ? I mean not go again chima, go more like the fabuland style combined with a bit of ninjago and atleast some refferences to chima.

Now that I think about it, actually, there are some interesting differences between what we’ve gotten from castle over the years. In the beginning there were semblances of story, but nothing concrete; more open for kids to make their own stories. There were a bunch of jumbled themes, from the Bat Lord and his knights to the Lion and Bull knights and forestmen. Then somewhere in there Knight’s Kingdom came along with a full-blown story behind it. After that came a slew of Castle themes, each bringing neat factions and such, but no solid storyline. Even the jewel of the castle themes (IMO), the fantasy theme we got with the Crown knights, dwarves, skeletons, and trolls, didn’t really have a story behind it.

So that begs the question: if Lego were to bring back castle, would it end up being a story theme or another one-or-two wave, storyless theme like the ones we received after the fantasy castle theme?

If it were handled properly, I suppose it would be pretty neat to get a full-blown fantasy castle, story-driven theme.

Fingers crossed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I honestly don’t think that means much. Considering that the American catalogs have advertisement for next year’s NK sets, it could just be an exclusive line in the UK.

It’s obvious at this point that Nexo is ending next year, but I do think it will have one more wave to wrap things up. SVL said back in July that TLG decided to give Nexo and extra year, so it wouldn’t make any sense to bring it back for one wave that doesn’t even include the main villain.

Everyone can have their own opinions on the sets; these just don’t do it for me.

As for what we’ve seen with the clearer pics? Eh, I’m even less impressed. 72003 is a bit more greebled than it looked in the prelims, but still generic in both shape and design.
72006 still looks like a less impressive Fortrex with even worse add-ons from what I initially saw. A less than solid meme.

I completely agree.
Although a theme like Castle will always have knights, kings, etc., a larger focus on a more varied group of non-humans will be super duper legit. Maybe it will be similar to what we saw with Castle '08, with around four or so races doing battle every now and then.

I will always hold a place in my heart for the less story-focused Castle themes. Having a full-blown story is cool and all, but making your own stuff up based off of little snips of info will always be mu fav.

wuv u storyless themes <5

3 Likes

you know, i would love it if instead of having a Castle theme with normal human minifigures, they instead pull a Chima (kinda) and have there be no humans in it and instead have there be these different races like Trolls, Dwarfs, Elfs, ovs. Would be a really interesting change.

2 Likes

Well, thats kinda pulling lotr without the humans, i think they should go a bit more out of they way, not utterly chima style, but with more mass behind it. The snakes from ninjago are kinda popular in the lego fandom, not very liked, but still a “niche” fandom has sprung up around them, why not capitalize on it a bit ? I am not saying they should basically do the rock raiders to power miners, just make it more varied, people are now kinda bored off dwarfs, elfs and orcs. So why not go the extra step, and make they own races or just experminent abit ? Those chima and lego ninjago parts should be for some use, why not resuse them ? Or just make a side race of this “Castle reboot” (actually kinda sounds like a nexo knights reboot code name) and make atleast some more effort of fleshing them out. We can too go that certain races are from different regions ? I might have drifted off.

Nexo knights fell on its face, I really liked 2016, but I haven’t bought anything since, I really wanted it to succeed and be a great funky sci-fi mash-up theme like bionicle or at least half as good, but it really just hasn’t met my hopes, the sets have just been lackluster and honestly a real disappointment.

4 Likes

Again like with chima ? Aww, what a bummer, oh well, atleast ninjago is kinda a good story theme. Oh well, they gonna delete this thread after nexo knights bites the grass ?