The Nexo Knights Topic

The end of NEXO Knights

Welp it seems like it is over.

RIP.

I didn’t really like this theme all that much, but it had some great new molds and minifigures, especially the enemy figs.

Here’s hoping that they make a fantasy castle line.

6 Likes

The first year was solid, but I feel like the sets got worse, especially in year 2. I think the final wave was pretty okay, however.

1 Like

I liked the sets and enjoyed the show, but I just never really got into buying it as much because of the Ninjago lines.

I’ll have to try and get some of the new sets before it all disappears.

3 Likes

Speaking of which:

Jang mention that Lego have self-competition on marketing TLBM and LNM over Nexo Knights second year. If Lego didn’t focus on 2 movies in a year, Nexo Knights may survive toward the Summer wave.

3 Likes

yeah true, its quite a shame.

If there is one set i like from Nexo Knight’s final wave, it have to be the Berserker Bomber.

I would happily buy a large number of them, because they look like the kind of vehicle i can see be used for army building. I mean it’s a transport ship with a small mech on board. I just like the look and consept.

1 Like

Really only sad by the fact that we, probably, won’t get an actual, physical, Monstrox minifigure representation.

2 Likes

well, it’s possible that they might release him at some point, like how they released Sir Fangar’s cured form as an exlusive.

Yes, yes, that’s why I said [quote=“LeKrahka, post:2485, topic:11247”]
we, probably, won
[/quote]

But, I’m holding out for the best.

I didn’t watch the show, but the mechs always had a certain charm to them. [quote=“ReeseEH, post:2479, topic:11247”]
Here’s hoping that they make a fantasy castle line.
[/quote]
All of the yes.

1 Like

Well, yeah, a fantasy castle line wouldnt be bad to see, but i hope atleast they make the story atleast be more “ninjago” like, than chima like. AND i wanna see more buidings then vehicles in the fantasy castle theme.

2 Likes

Welp, here comes the curse of any lines that try to replace Bionicle in its early years being cancelled after two years.

(First was Galidor, now this.)

(Also notice Nexo Knight’s run (in terms of sets) was kinda similar to G2?)

Man, this line was a seriously missed opportunity. There could’ve been a lot concepts taken from arthurian legend (or other stuff) that would then be “techno-fied”, but no, it was just a kiddy borefest with mediocre sets all the way through. Shame, really.

4 Likes

I feel like NK would be of alot better if the colors of the hero sets had adopted to fan feedback in the second year.

3 Likes

Due to how early LEGO makes sets before release, that probably would be near-impossible.

2 Likes

since it the general product development cycle is 12 months there is no reason the sets from the 3rd wave and further didn’t have better colors.

1 Like

after thinking about it, one way to have Nexo Knights be part of the world of Ninjago without having it be one of the realms is to have it be an in-universe tv show in Ninjago.

I’m talking about a “live action” tv show in the styles of Power Rangers, Arrow, The Flash, Daredevil ovs.

So basicly all of the monsters for example would either be people in make-up and/or costumes or be puppets, animatronics or CGI.

It’s actually interesting to think about how one could explain the things in Nexo Knight as being a live action show.

2 Likes

With how many different village locations exist in the show (literally one reskinned god knows how many times) and the cheesy repetitiveness of the plot, as well as the generic backgrounds; I can see that working.

2 Likes

lol, let’s be real guys Nexo Knights basically was Galidor for the new age, think about it.

No, not by a long shot… :wind_blowing_face:

1 Like