The Nexo Knights Topic

Lol, it was clearly trying to appeal to a new market, it tried to replace Bionicle in it’s second year.
It got a TV show despite not deserving it, aaaannd, it got canceled after two years.

Clearly you didn’t think about it.

It did last a standard lifespan, so it did do better than G2 if nothing else.

2 Likes

2 years, g2 lasted two years anyway.

That’s a bit debatable. Nexo Knights was a relatively normal theme in terms of how it was marketed and the overall concept. It was given a show and a few mobile apps like Ninjago and the theme seemed to homage Castle and Space. Now I’m not saying TLG was just trying to tap into their current market, but they were definitely playing it safe.

Again, debatable. Nexo Knights was more or less the successor to Chima, meaning that it was intended to fill the void left from its absence. Additionally, unless NK’s development was wildly different from most of LEGO’s themes, the line was conceptualized late-2014/early-2015. Unless TLG wanted to doom their new BIONICLE reboot from the start, I highly doubt Nexo Knights was going to be a legitimate replacement.

Now I’m no philosopher, but I’m pretty sure an intellectual property created by dozens of people doesn’t have the ability to deserve anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

Technically two and a half, meaning it was able to last through three separate years and five major release waves. This isn’t to say the line was a success because it probably didn’t do too hot, but it was still able to hit the same mark set by Ninjago’s original run and Chima.

G2 lasted two years, sure, but the circumstances surrounding that final year show that NK definitely did better for LEGO. BIONICLE only had four waves with the last one suffering through a limited release and as we established earlier, NK was able to get to the usual five.

5 Likes

Bionicle didn’t get a TV show.

Well G2 did got a Netflix series, and G1 just got Books and Comics from DC.

2 Likes

G2 had a Netflix series that had 5 episodes and barely accomplished anything.

G1’s comics were good but a show would have been nice.
And yes they got movies but they were direct to video movies.

Say, were there any news for season 5, or is Nexo Knights ending in Exo-Force style?

2 Likes

Probably.

Probably. I remember seeing that Season 5 was confirmed somewhere… but it doesn’t seem like a good business strategy to pull the plug on a theme, only start another full season of the TV show six months later.

@BrickJagger, I mean that’s a very good point, but it’s just unfortunate that for what was theme with a big start will end without a legitimate conclusion. I suppose it’s time to add it to the list.

Edit: By the way, thanks for the responses, guys.

We still have no type of serials about the Nexo Knights recent lore, yet they recently release a contest for Mechs.

I’m getting a Makuta contest vibe from this.

6 Likes

somehow I actually hope this is the case.

Could there potentially be some sort of exclusive figure or something as a prize? I imagine that it wouldn’t be the current sets, as they’re trying to clear them off the shelves as quickly as possible.

atleast they’re using this practice for a line that actually deserves it.

Will Season 5/Year 3 of LEGO NEXO Knights EVER see the proverbial light of day???

Tommy Andreasen confirmed on Twitter it was cancelled. But he also said he might write and release the scripts for it, so we’ll at least get to know what was supposed to happen.

1 Like