~The Official Bohrok Fanclub~

Fanboy on the Bohrok here.

1 Like

I mean, I plan to have about 30 Vahki… and Visorak…

1 Like

Save some for the rest of us okay?

Back on topic.

Who did this crime to our overlords?

1 Like

“When you and the squad show up to the party looking fresh”

1 Like

No. With other clone sets, yes. With Bohrok…Buy them all, they must be bought…

In all seriousness though, I can’t get enough of the evil rolly pollies.

4 Likes

*nassaly voice. Um, yes. I’m from the rahkshi fanclub. Well, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. I actually got a rahkshi as my first set (stars) which is what got me into bionicle. My first “real” set was Guurahk. Not too long after, I got Galohk and Levahk together. That led to some stuff, and boom. Bohrok(s?) Are amazing.

I got all six Bohrok Kal for Christmas! :smiley: I now have all the Bohrok, Bohrok Va, and Bohrok Kal. I’m only missing the Bahrag.

I know some people don’t like the Va, but I think that they look great and have some nice poseability.

1 Like

I like how the Lehvak Va looks like a little samurai.

1 Like

aaaaaaah the bohrok #thebestclonesetsever

The bohrok are, in my opinion, some of the best designs Bionicle has ever had. The head-bashing function, the ball function, canister story relevance and the ability to hang the bohrok inside of them, all “rolled in” to a Matoran sized set. I have, at present, 17 bohrok, all the Kal excluding Tahnok-Kal, and all the Va. Yes, I’m a proud member of this fanclub

3 Likes

Forgive me for being a Proverbial “Red Star” but I’m going to revive this because
Clean it all. It must be cleaned…

seriously though, The Bohrok are my absolute Favorite sets of all time. The mystery and the lore was magical, and the army building possibilities were great. I really miss the 2002-2003 storylines back when Bionicle was still mysterious and the story was fresh.

By the way, my goal is to have a full set of Bohrok for each Krana, so seeing that someone has actually done it only heightens my fervor! :sweat_smile:

That goal actually came about a long time ago when I saw the 2002 Toy fair photos on Mask of Destiny (I can post a reference later if I can find the pictures again). I remember thinking ‘Wow! that’s really cool display’, and then needing to build a swam of my own.

2 Likes

I personally maintain that the bohrok are some of the best toys ever designed. Not just lego sets, but just straight up toys. Six different colours to pick from, packaging that functions as an awesome display and a play feature, able to fold up as a ball for easy storage, two pretty neat but unintrusive gimmicks, simple but fun to build. Plus on top of that you have the collectible krana designs and the comaptibility with other toys, and the combiner models too.

While they seem to get more hate I adore the Kal too. The silver, white metal, and grey plastic krana add an air of excitement to them in terms of collectibles, plus the opportunity for misprints. I feel they get unnecessary hate for being recolours.

Perhaps my favourite thing about the Bohrok though, and I am going to completely out myself as a weirdo here, was the new-krana-smell they had when you opened the canister. Like the plastic they were molded from had a really particular scent to it that’s really nostalgic for me in a way. Anyone else remember that? Or am I just a total freak?

2 Likes

haha, no AliasComrade, I totally understand what you are talking about! :laughing:
I think it might have been the canister, its like a weird factory sealed plastic smell plus the printed paper smell of the instructions all accumulating in the sealed canister from the time it took to get from the factory to the shelf. Though I thought all the new Bionicle sets had that sort of smell.

Edit: thought I’d include a picture of my Bohrok Collection to date.

2 Likes

Dang you got a lot pahrak’s matey. I have a couple pahraks myself, though that is the end of my bohrok collection (other than pahrak-va). I love Pahrak. First thing I ever got off of ebay, all the way back in 2006.

1 Like

Me Too!! haha! He was the second Bohrok I got, My friend gave him to me for my Birthday in 2002! I used my Parents video camera and made him a TV show and my friend and I would have him interview different Bionicle & Star Wars Characters. :smile:

I have a (full) set of 8 Pahrak, I just need to get the Full set of 8 Green Krana…

2 Likes

That’s dope dude (: Hope you are able to get all the Krana.

1 Like

I have managed to collect one of each Bohrok since this topic opened. Next are the Va and Kal. Then the Krana.