The Official LDD Topic

My sister really enjoyed using it for architecture like things, I never found much use, save using it as a place to look at pieces I don’t own.

3 Likes

Maybe it was just that computer. I’ll have to try it out again.

1 Like

I’ve had limited experience with LDD, I find it usable. But I prefer clicking bricks

I’ve screwed around with it

even if I’m not great at making stuff, but it’s got a lot of great options

It’s great. I wish the rotation feature was easier to use and that they would add more to the standard LDD.

Yep. I’ve tried to rotate those hinge peices and 75% of the time it rotates a stud attached to it instead of the hinge. Not to mention too on one side a peice will go but on a mirrored side it will not go in. For some reason on an opposite side it won’t work like it did perfectly on the other.

3 Likes

Who all on the MB uses Bricklink stud.io and could give me a review; I’m considering using it to construct a self MOC and want to know what it can do, its flaws, its strengths and its features plus I’ve read a review from MOCpages and one from Brickset and it intrigues me but I’m still hesitant on if I want to download it. I want it to be a CCBS build with a Bionicle G2 theme. Hope to hear from you guys soon on this. Thanks for your time.

Well, I’ve messed around with it a little bit; it’s pretty nice. The only current downfall right now (for constraction builders, anyway) is I don’t think they have all the pieces yet; however, it may have been updated since I last looked at it.

Because it’s free I would recommend downloading it and messing around a bit to see if you like it. Also if you are looking to bricklink pieces for a creation it would be super helpful.

You could use LDD, but they don’t have all the bionicle masks and new addons; they have most other constraction parts though.

So, how long does it take to download, does it cause any problems on the computer, does it randomly crash, how does it react to Windows operating systems, to laptops and do I need a Bricklink account to use it? I’m only asking these so I know what to expect from it.

I… don’t remember. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think you need a BL account, it hasn’t crashed or been buggy when I downloaded and used it, and it hasn’t given me any computer-related issues (though that might depend on how much memory or whatever you have already used up).

If stuff doesn’t work out I assume you could just uninstall it…

Thanks, I’ll see how it goes. I don’t expect to be able to get certain pieces as one was über hyped up but never released by Lego. OK, tried the Stud.io and that didn’t have anything CCBS related so let’s see if LDD fares any better. :angry:

So LDD 4.3.10 just dropped but I don’t know where I can see whats new. Does anyone know where you can find the update notes?

3 Likes

Wait what? I gotta see this…

@Darknova3529 I haven’t noticed any update. Did this last one not update automatically or did I just miss seeing it when it happened?

Edit: Just looked through the parts but didn’t notice anything new.:confused:
Edit: Didn’t update 4.3.10 come out in 2016?

2 Likes

wait what how did it never update me then.

3 Likes

I personally dont use LDD

Mind going over why? Kinda pointless to say without details.

2 Likes

Well, besides me having a Chromebook, I don’t like the premise of not being able to have something physically on front of me, unless it’s drawing. But that’s me

1 Like

Some people will have an update delay but:

https://i.imgur.com/0Xa9h95.png

It still lives. :sweat_drops:

5 Likes

How? I didn’t even think you could download it anymore since they removed the create & share section.