The Original Concept of Hero Factory

there was some subtle hinting at this in the first few episodes of HF iirc, with stormer advertising a drink
perhaps remenants of that idea…

11 Likes

Greg was going for something like the concept, I feel.

I just want to say I love that picture. If only Furno looked like that.

4 Likes

Now that I think about it maybe they did hint at HF being wrong in a sense. The heroes seem happy to believe whatever they’re told and die for it. Von Ness proved they could’ve chosen what to do with themselves when he ran away from a machine that could’ve killed him. This was always explained as a flaw though. Is making the choice between flight or fight a flaw? Then an HF professor used quaza to control animals with quaza attached to them. What if, inorder to prevent another von ness, HF controls the thoughts of the heroes so they do as told. That tiny robot guy said when Black Phantom told him his plans the quaza would recognise his villainy. We know that’s not how it works so it might be that the new bots would be affected by HFs quaza programming. This whole idea of mind control becomes a theme for brain attack and Surge talks about what its like being a puppet at the end and start, possibly foreshadowing what could’ve been. Its not so much Makuhero is evil but makes morally wrong choices for the greater good.
Or maybe I’m reading into stuff too much.

Either way the factory having a secret and the hero from elsewhere was always what I wanted. I used to imagine HFs finale would involve a dark secret from the factory and the factory being destroyed at some point to mark the end of the line.
But still the potential this theme had. Maybe Von Nebula could’ve turned out yo be an anarchist. I look Forward to finding out more about the original plans.

12 Likes

Nah I don’t think so. I think they just kept underlying hints of the concept even if they weren’t going to do anything with it. And of you are, it does make sense.

4 Likes

It stinks he backed away from telling us everything.
Dang
But it is really nice to know that there was something there. More than cheezy dialog and poor set design. There was a passion. My only hope from now on, is that the next constraction theme goes through very very extensive development and planning. I hope Lego doesn’t get scared off by poor sales like they always have before. For all those that say Lego can’t handle good story, they have. Lego MADE Bionicle. They made a phenomenon. We can see these stories to they’re fullest.

C’mon Lego, we are counting on you.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think that unlike bio G2 where fans genuinely wanted the line to be better, Fans wanted HF to fail and so we threw a LOT of hate lego’s way and we got exactly what we asked for.

Maybe G2 was cancelled because lego didn’t want the same situation.

6 Likes

So if they went so deep in the story bible for hero factory, and we got a shallow husk of that, how deep was Bionicle G2?

Well its as Meso said, we continue these legacies, you’re a fan of hero factory? take on it an expand.

This early concept also reminds me of shadowgear’s MOC series of robot things.

4 Likes

You know what the deeper story was probably going to lead to? The identity and confrontation with the big behind the scenes villain that no one talks about. The guy who unleashed the brains, who planned breakout and got the schematics. The guy who I now think may have a very deep and personal relationship with Mr. Makuro. Theorize on THAT how 'bout!

7 Likes

It’s official, I want this for constractions return.

2 Likes

I would’ve preferred this over BIONICLE G2.

There, I said it.

9 Likes

You know…
The crazy thing is… I agree…

1 Like

I’m with you guys.

1 Like

G2 apparently had more similarities to Hero Factory than just the parts it seems, with both themes having great ideas but were forced to be too simple.

Whats interesting to me is that, if we where to take @Triple idea of what Hero Factory might have been like, then it alter the way one might think of groups in Hero Factory, like the Hero Recon Team.

Infact… it might also alter how one would look at some of the villains infact, like Von Nebula.

4 Likes

Now this would’ve been neat.

6 Likes

I really would have preferred this concept of HF to what we did get. It would most likely use more Technic and stuff. But the cool thing is the puppy right there. Was HF originally meant to have people?

2 Likes

The joke with the dog peeing on Furno (or Blaze in this case) was continued in the first HF trailer. it WAS a robot dog in the trailer though…so maybe, they could have just had organic animals…

3 Likes

Good point, but I was thinking they were robots.

3 Likes

The people in HF are robots. as for actual humans…seems unlikely, but then again…we don’t really know.

3 Likes

ahem

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

why do you have to give me that nostalgia rush

afternoon in the library, looking at the 4-5 pm sunset while surfing at herofactory.com

the dumb stuff I did 6 years ago… XD

5 Likes