The Packaging/Promotional Art/Instruction Booklet/Book Mistakes Topic

confession: this is a lie
I didn’t know what kind of stuff I was on at the time
(probably a try-hard attempt to be funny)

anyways, looks like I wrapped up the stuff I needed to confess or explain to the community, time to go now…

6 Likes

I just noticed this:

On the box arts of the beasts there are the Toa Uniters they stole the masks from in the background. Well, except for the box art of the Lava Beast - this isn’t Tahu Uniter but Tahu Master.

14 Likes

you can see him screaming in agony as he was placed on the wrong box

9 Likes

Has anybody got a picture of the green Narmoto from the catalogs? I wanna see it

1 Like

He was green in the comics

1 Like

Where were you for the set hype? :stuck_out_tongue: We saw this on his box art back in Summer :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Just got the whole summer wave for christmas. (that saves money ;))

Although I nearly regretted it since Ekimu was sold out nearly everywhere… Fortunately there was a single box left at my local Toys"R"Us.

2 Likes

Someone told me it was the catalogs

1 Like

Probably should have done this rather than buy throughout the year, however the stores were still packed with Bionicle sets so didnt miss out on much.

Yay for shelfwarmers

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s a mistake, but anyone remember when the nielsen adds in the back of the G1 instruction books had Toa Matau in the picture? I remember his can behind him having this weird looking art of him. Or maybe my memory is faulty…

5 Likes

Yes, it was its prototype box art. I think you can see it on Christian Faber’s blog with all the other Toa Metru concept art.

EDIT: not on Faber files, it’s in the character concept art section of BioMediaProject.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the image? I can’t find it on the Faber Files site…

3 Likes

That’s because it isn’t there, I just checked, sorry :sweat_smile:

It’s on BioMediaProject, in the character concept art section.

@ChaoticTempleKnight it’s this one, right?

7 Likes

You can definitely tell that it’s concept art because the exposed gearbox

5 Likes

Indeed it is. And actually, it looks pretty cool now that I am looking at it full size.

4 Likes

Many people here are confusing minor tweaks meant to make the sets look more effective/dynamic with unintentional mistakes.

Anyway, the picture of Suukorak show it with all three Technic Beams being blue, but in the actual set, one of them is white.

4 Likes

Pretty much every picture of Avak has him built incorrectly (as well as many people who own him), with the arm holding the gun in the same orientation as all the other Piraka…

…when in fact the instructions tell you to reverse it…not sure why though.

Maybe it’s a nod to how Pohatu always had his torso reversed?

4 Likes

His pick thing on his weapon slides through his arm, that’s why.

~W12~

4 Likes

Could you point out exactly what part of him is built wrong? I can’t see any difference between the build in the promo pics and in the building instructions.

3 Likes

he’s referring to this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=53563&idColor=88

being oriented differently between instructions and the packaging art.

5 Likes