The Packaging/Promotional Art/Instruction Booklet/Book Mistakes Topic

What @Sammythekat said

lol now I realize I wasn’t clear when I said “gun” :stuck_out_tongue: …but not many bonkle fans would refer to the prestigious Zamor Sphere Launcher simply as “a gun” I would presume.

4 Likes

I’m guessing somebody simply made a mistake when assembling the set digitally for the instructions. That arm piece is somewhat symmetrical and easy to flip around accidentally.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too. Goes to show that even for clone sets like the Piraka, it’s always good to look back at the instructions just in case, because there always might be a minute unexpected difference, no matter how straightforward the build may seem (such as Matoro’s upper arm plate being put a notch higher and Hewkii’s thigh plate being flipped)!

2 Likes

Can I ask whose bright idea it was to have Vorox’s left arm be backwards in his art? Especially when his right arm is built properly…IN THE SAME PICTURE?

I’ll take any explanation, seriously.

3 Likes

Simple, it was a mistake.

1 Like

Dang. I was about to point this out.

1 Like

They did not change the art Because it doesn’t matter

2 Likes

Why would internal consistency and character continuity not matter?

2 Likes

It’s not like it matters that much, but given how many mistakes were made with G2— especially its marketing— this one is just another piece of evidence to go onto the pile that they really weren’t putting enough attention to detail into anything.

cough DUD cough

1 Like

It’s a shame really. I believe that it wasn’t because anybody wanted BIONICLE to fail. The G2 marketing team likely just had a very small budget to work with. The small budget meant that lots of corners had to be cut. As a result, the team probably had to make a lot of compromises (such as not fixing these small packaging inconsistencies).

2 Likes

I really think Lego was just expecting the line to sell on it’s name alone. Their marketing and release schedule was awful, although I think the actual sets and shows were fantastic.

1 Like

His armor is phasing through his arm.

13 Likes

That’s just Telluris’ unique ability of density manipulation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you missed the original topic check it out here: Bionicle G2 Fan Expo Promotional Bag - Anyone see this before? - #4 by Xavious061

Without further adue here are the print errors found in the Bionicle G2 Fan-Expo/Comicon bag:

As seen below,

• Kulta’s hand is dublicated
  • Tahu’s foot is ghosting
  • The runes on the mask of creation are off centre.

As far as I’m concerned it’s authentic because its officially liscenced by Fan Expo HQ and was sold at Toronto Comicon 2016 by the owners of the venue for 5 Canadian Dollars.

9 Likes

the Kulta wrist joints look like a pair of eyes looking upward and to the right a little

2 Likes

Thanks. I will never unsee that now.

1 Like

Not even the wrist balls are taking this seriously.

1 Like

on the cover of 7692 MX-71 recon dropship from mars mission the rover seems to be hiding a prototype behind it

1 Like

Can you specify what you mean?

That rover in the back there is only supposed to have one drilling arm, but it looks like it has 2. If you zoom in on it, you can see the second arm is connected to a prototype rover pasted behind the intended model, is what I believe he is trying to say

3 Likes