The Perfect Head

You haven’t tried? :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have any G2 Bionicle sets.

do ya mean gen 1 masks mate?

as for “perfect heads,” i’d say:

mata heads with integrated ball/socket parts that sit closer to the brainstalk, and metru heads with socket parts in place of the ball piece.

2 Likes

I like the mata head.

Metru is very close second.

The only perfect head is the one used on the Star Wars Constraction sets :stuck_out_tongue:

~W12~

3 Likes

@Sammythekat I like that idea. As long as it doesn’t make Metru heads too short and Mata Heads long and lanky.

@RedHoodieReveiwer I would like to see it as a drawing first. :wink:

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

Which one, though? I’d think this one, because it’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Mata and Metru Heads FTW.

Although my only issue is that for the Mata Head, it can’t fit on the Inika Build without it having too long of a neck, and the Metru Head, which fits most masks, is too short for an Inika Build.

1 Like

I think the Inika head was a cool thought but ultimately a misfire

If it would glow in the dark like originally planned, that mighta saved it for me, but as it is no other than it is, I do not like it

3 Likes

The best head would be a G2 head without the unmasking function. (and preferably more eye color options)

1 Like

My favorite is probably the metru head for its versatility— it has useful connection points on the side and sometimes the back, is compatible with most masks (though this has more to do with how long it lasted for), and looks great bare

Glatorian head suits it’s role well too

1 Like

Metru head is the closest thing to the perfect design, but Lego has changed their priorities over time.

I don’t get the deal with G2 head. IMO it’s trying too hard to be organic, it ends up in the uncanny valley eerie valley, and sacrificing backwards compatibility.

And before you say Glatorians aren’t backwards compatible either, if it’s compatible in the lore, it should be compatible in set form. If not, then no.

Lego seems to prefer female socket for heads, and I think Mata head is the best looking of them all. So my ideal matoran head design would be the metru head (incl. brain stalk), but styled more like the Mata head, and with a female connector instead of male.

As for glatorian heads, the Hero Factory heads are perfect as they are, referencing the kanohi ignika.

Hordika heads are fine, since the mask are fused to the head (and inoperable while in Hordika form).

I’m still undecided about what I feel about skakdi heads, only that, 1. Female connection instead of male, 2. Having the teeth as an attachment to metru head would be an interesting experiment 3. Nektann needs to be backwards compatible 4. It would be nice to have the head and spine be mix-n-match-able, even if that creates a seam, maybe with the help of Kongu mahri’s head stalk.

Oh, and just retcon out the organic inika masks & their designs. Organic nuva masks were bad, and inika masks are worse.

And the official kanohi garai was a mistake. Go download a fan version. I’ld do a self-plug here, but I’ve yet to model out my garai, and my sketches are very much a variant rather than a fix.

3 Likes

Depends. I’ve tried that on some that I have, and some of the Metru masks were really tight and hard to remove.

1 Like

I thought it would too, I think it was advertised once. But, too bad for us. :disappointed:

It would have given the Inika more cool points.

3 Likes