The Powerpuff Girls

Water
Noodles
and chic-
######oh wait, wrong intro.

I rejected this show in my young age and looking back; its not too bad.
I didn’t check on the spin-off or the recent reboot series, but from what I’ve seen from the community, it obtain the same amount of flak as TGG.

Any “nostalgic” or strange moment to share about show?

4 Likes

hm

They’re making a reboot

too many nostalgic memories…

The reboot sucks. For the sake of your sanity, don’t look it up. Trust me on this one.

Anyways, I watched the original when I was a kid. A dang fine show if you ask me.

Blame it on the Boogie!

Also why was there a villian based off seduction called Sedusa? Is it just me or does that seem a little too inappropriate for a kids show?

3 Likes

Well I mean there was Roodaka for BIONICLE. It seems seduction is something anyone can get away with when it comes to cartoons and children’s media.

Anyways, personally I have fond memories of this show, but I dunno, looking back it wasn’t THAT great. It still was pretty neat. I always loved the jokes in the show and how cheesy it was.

4 Likes

the name “sedusa” is a mix between seduction and medusa, that monster that turns people into rock

1 Like

Never watched the original, but the new show apparently has an episode that’s a metaphor for transgender issues. It’s about a horse who wants to be a unicorn, and the episode deals with a lot of identity questions. Look it up. I think it’s cool they tried to teach a bit about social issues and stuff.
Yeah, never watched the original, though apparently one of their friends (after being told the powerpuff girls were created by accident) said “I was an accident too!” This caused the father of the PP girls to look shocked.
Heh heh… Never gets old…

1 Like

I’m surprised @Ninjanicktf didn’t make this topic.

All I know is that the reboot looks like butt.
It might be good, but I don’t wanna see because it just looks so bad.

I was but someone but it looks like someone beat me to it.

And yes, even though IRL I would not admit it, I love this show.

2 Likes

Why are you explaining this to me? :confused: I know what she is based off of and I know my greek mythology. I was asking why she was there, not what she is.

1 Like

well you asked it

That question was in the context of why she is in the show, not what she is based off of. We should get back on topic soon.

1 Like

well I missunderstood the question, anyway I can’t understand the show, why do they have stumps for hands and feet and a big head? and what was Professor Utonium trying to make when he accidentally made them?

oh wow, it’s been so long since I last seen it I don’t remember that

I saw a post on Tumblr that pointed out that the show itself has pointed out on multiple occasions that the girls actually look the way they do and it’s not just the art style of the show.

And it’s stated in the opening that he wanted to make 3 perfect little girls.

1 Like

When they did a Billy and Mandy crossover!
Or did Billy and Mandy do a powerpuff crossover?

1 Like

The original was a fantastic show, loved it. I’m not really feeling the reboot lives up to it but I’m sure it makes the effort to.

1 Like

I watched a clip of the reboot

coupled with the fact that, like TTG, there’s none of the original writers

this is something to avoid for me

2 Likes

True, but unlike TTG, I think these people have actually watched an episode of the original show.

As for my thoughts on the reboot…it’s okay, although some things do bother me.

######Why the Krazzani did they have to twerk?

because memes and being hip i guess

1 Like

It’s thing like this that age cartoons pre-maturely.

3 Likes