The Putrid Sin Grom

From the depths of the temporal trench, a putrid assailant called Sin Grom emerged.

This disgusting combatant features a bindle concealing armaments and consumables of the foulest variety. Removing the blasting attachment from his Cross of Nence, Sin Grom replaces it with the blade and dawns a set of armor for vicious melee combat.

31 Likes

Very cool. Love the shaping

1 Like

I love the custom torso and head!

1 Like

The head looks great!

Looks cool from what I can see, but if you could rotate the pictures, I could give a better review.

1 Like

Got em flipped, didn’t even realize they came out that way until today.

Okay. very nicely done. he looks like some disgusting amalgamation, but in a good way. Nice use of the tire to fill in the torso, and an excellent sword design. On almost any other model, those lower arms would look awkward, but they very work here.

The only think I can think of bad is the other half of the weapon. What exactly is it supposed to be? A gun with an axe like bayonet? An axe with a glowing second rod? it’s hard to tell what it’s supposed to be.

by the way, what’s that other model he’s with?

1 Like

I read the name as ‘sin Gorm’, and was expecting a Galidor model. This is excellent, though.

1 Like

You were correct on the first one, it’s meant to be a blaster/bayonet type weapon. The black antenna gets swapped with the transgreen with the dish to simulate firing a laser, I suppose I didn’t represent that as well as I thought I did. As for the other model, it’s a phantom moc of mine, you can find him posted here or over on my IG

Yeah, the problem comes down to 3 things.

First, the barrel isn’t long enough, gun barrels are usually only slightly shorter than the bayonet, mostly because the gun isn’t supposed to be fired while the bayonet is attached.

Second, Bayonet’s usually aren’t axes, they’re meant more for stabbing, than chopping or stabbing, so they end up more like knives (or are knives with a loop for bayonet use]

Finally, it’s too far away from the barrel. Most bayonets are attached directly to the underside of very endo of the barrel.

Some real life bayonets for reference.

@ProfSrlojohn
I guess my mindset is that since it’s not firing ballistics like
rounds that the length of the barrel doesn’t need to be super long. I can’t really imagine there being much knockback when it’s just energy being funneled through what amounts to a stick with an axe at the end. I figured most rifles don’t have a butt shaped like a cross, so having the “bayonet” be an axe didn’t seem like too much of a leap, since he’s not ever really fighting battles it’s more mercantile. But the practicality of having an axe there is pretty questionable I just thougt the green would look cool. I do think at the very least I’ll swap the axe with some other blade

The thing is, even if it was plasma, the barrel would still need to be as long the bayonet, because, one, it would focus the blast, and two, if it wasn’t you would blast the bayonet off.

Aw, man, thought this was gonna be Gorm, but I’m not disappointed.

1 Like