The Real Reason Kahi Was Fired (megaofficial)

According to Jon, Eljay had gone on a rant about how he was “better” than Jon. Feel free to take that with a grain of salt, but I imagine that Eljay was actually talking negatively about Jon and Jon took it very seriously (whether or not Eljay meant it that seriously).

I’m inclined to believe that it was something minor that Jon took too seriously, since he later says during the interview that Eljay is a wonderful person.

~W12~

11 Likes

I never liked Kahi/Jon in the first place , but holy crap this only inflamed my dislike of him and I hope the people he’s hurt are able to move forward

6 Likes

It was sabotage. I think Kahi purposely pushed Eljay to ruin his own reputation, because that would be part of the coup Prpl mentioned. Like Eljay probably had something to do with his own firing, but Kahi was most likely the root of it.

14 Likes

When i read this a few days ago it really rustled my jimmys. I alway thought there was something weird about him but i figured it was just a social thing but ■■■■ kahi

7 Likes

Disturbing and bizarre. Hard to believe TTV could operate while this was going on, especially since WE COULD HEAR IT DURING PODCASTS.
Here’s a tip, kids. When this happens in real life, everyone is forced to sit through a power point presentation on how to behave like a normal person.

5 Likes

That’s one of the disturbing things about situations like this, chances are you may have seen signs of what’s been going on. You don’t have the full context there, and figure that it’s odd but not really a big thing either. And once you learn the full extent of things, suddenly everything makes sense and you wonder why you didn’t pick up on it much sooner.

11 Likes

As if i couldn’t like kahi less.

first his arrogant attitude towards the users on the boards, and now… this.

yeah, i feel safe saying this-

good riddance, kahi.

8 Likes

Like I said before, I don’t really pay much attention or care about the staff members, save for Eljay, but I can tell Kahi was already pretty disliked overall before this.

4 Likes

Something like that

I was actually not very aware there was an issue that bad going on at the time

11 Likes

As someone who’s been following TTV since early 2016, this is truly disheartening.

9 Likes

The podcasts were clear indicators that Pandemic Panda had created a toxic environment. I honestly don’t know if you were out of the loop or not.
A normally creative person is uncomfortable sharing her thoughts during a podcast, and is then screamed at for speaking up: https://youtu.be/ss7GgrWHTDQ?t=4180 I’ll find the others later, but I think #2 and #9 also had examples.
To quote Prpl: “I had to bail out of a podcast recording cuz I didn’t feel comfortable being around him”
To quote Phweffie: “describing _ thoughts he’s had about me to other members while drunk”
“…manipulated staff into firing Eljay…” Something about being jealous of better staff members…
Something about Brickfair Virginia?

11 Likes

I wasn’t on every podcast and it’s not like I knew 100% what would be going on behind the scenes between the two of them because it wasn’t communicated to me. The times I was on the podcast with them there weren’t unpleasant experiences where I could tell there were issues.

Of course I was there for the other stuff and not satisfied with the results of say, Eljay but that’s a whole different issue, I’m just speaking from my experience from when I specifically was on the podcast itself

12 Likes

Holy Granoli! yeah this is really bad. Glad he’s gone.

3 Likes

I’m sure if you dove through every podcast episode we produced you’d be able to pick all the red flags.

The issue herein lies within the personas we established while recording a show versus our interactions with one another off recording. Jon had always adapted the persona of the uncaring “business larper” that so many people within the community described him as on air because it was entertaining and fun to act out. But I think after an extended amount of time acting that persona out each week for 7 years it started to become less of a persona and more his true personality. Perhaps he felt he didn’t live up to the persona he adapted and because he played up his confidence and superiority so much he was desperate to make it a reality.

It’s hard to say for sure what happened.

This revelation came as much of a shock to us as it did to many of you. I don’t think anyone in TTV would have believed someone we had known for so long would be capable of this, and yet like you, with the information in hand it was very easy to look back and see all the warning signs that led to this.

Quite frankly, it’s extremely disturbing to know this was going on under our noses.
I’m not sure how long Jon had been harboring his inner demons and when they decided to manifests and lash out at others- perhaps he had been this way the entire time. Regardless, after this incident I can confidently say I have no idea who the true Jon is or where his morals really lie.

The only thing I can say for certain is that everyone in TTV is happier now then we’ve been in a long time. There was a cancer festering beneath the surface that has finally been removed and its helped us grow a much better understanding of where we stand with one another and who we are as individuals. Together we’ll work towards ensuring nothing like this will ever happen again.

59 Likes

I went and searched for the episode where Jon said something along the lines of “People are accusing me of fiering Eljay” sadly I couldn’t find it.

4 Likes

According to Eljay (in a Discord discussion), Kahi staged it and manipulated everyone, beyond the coup, and that adds up with what other cast members have said.

4 Likes

Man. Kahi really sounds like a piece of shiz. I’m honestly surprised at this point that he wasn’t fired sooner.

4 Likes

Holy ■■■■, what a disgusting person. I felt a bit physically ill reading that document and I couldn’t bring myself to watch the interview. Good riddance, and I commend TTV for somehow being able to continue after this mess… and I am glad people are happier now as Var said.

10 Likes

It’s actually worse because the Lime Joint doesn’t even help the situation at all. They just sit and fling insults at Kahi and cut him off, which, let’s be real, does no one any good at all.

16 Likes

You have to consider that the Lime Joint managed to confirm that practically all of the document is true. Without it it’d still just be allegations.
And while making fun of Jon for being short and unattractive can be a low blow, in some ways getting yelled at for two hours is the least of what he deserves, and most of what he gets yelled at for is the creepy stuff anyway.

15 Likes