The Relationship Topic

Well tell that to my parents.

3 Likes

Well that was quick. She broke up with me. She seemed rly sad about it, and now says she can’t talk to me (in specific) for a little while. Not sure if her parents don’t like me (we’re still both under 18 so parental rule is still pretty powerful), or if she just really didn’t want to break up and is now super sad about it. It’s my fault tho. I started the dating relationship when she’d stated several times she didn’t want our friendship hurt from something like that.

1 Like

Back at it again with the dating as minors. I tried that once and got shut down, not because her parents didn’t like me, but because her parents didn’t like the other guy that their other daughter was trying to get with and wanted to be fair to everyone.

2 Likes

Dang that sucks.

1 Like

There definition of “fair” is a little skewed.

1 Like

(Gotta stay on topic my dude)

That sucks. In my situation, I understood how she felt but didn’t agree. I suppose just letting it end peacefully was the best option as arguing never ends well. It was rly all my fault. I shouldn’t have pushed for a dating relationship. We agreed not to date at first bc we’re rly close friends, but then I asked if she wanted to date, and she said yes. It was mutual in a sense, but in the end it was my fault.

2 Likes

Wait a minute this topic actually exists? That’s good to know.

Anyway yeah. That really sucks. I get what that feels like.

I got a girlfriend lol

3 Likes

You’ve seemed to achieved the one thing I’ll seemingly never have.
Congrats.

I just got a breakup.

That was fast

1 Like

She couldn’t see us being long term or anything. Kinda understand, and thought we’d just go back to being friends, but now she either doesn’t want to or can’t talk to me so that’s a little depressing.

1 Like

Honestly that’s still a thousand times better than my first (and so far only) girlfriend. But I completely understand what that feels like.

1 Like

@MaxinePrimal & @EmporerDuckie

Relationships are overrated. You can be single and still perfectly happy.

I’ve tried telling myself that many times and I’ve still been suffering emotionally for almost a year now.

1 Like

Right now I’m not worried about a relationship. Just worried about the hurt friendship, and tbh, her.

2 Likes

Well sometimes it isn’t the case, being single sometimes kills you, before realization that someone actually love you.

3 Likes

Agreed. You have to be your own person wether you’re in a relationship or not. I know some people as well as myself at one point who felt like we weren’t “complete” if we didn’t have a girlfriend.

2 Likes

From my experience, you know something is missing from your life and believe that having a partner would fill that hole. But you could also fill that whole by actualizing yourself and becoming a better person.

After my first “breakup” (in quotes because we never made it official) I was down in the dumps for the next five months, which impacted my success in school and my creativity. Once I finally snapped out of it I got a lot more out of life, still felt lonely on occasion. But then the event I described earlier in the topic happened, which was a positive experience overall despite it not leading anywhere, and now I’m living my own life and feeling very good about it.

And also. You’ll have more success at relationships being self-confident and happy than just lonely. Both my almost-relationships were instigated by the other person, which meant they saw something in me. The first was when I was at a very high place mentally, the second was me becoming hyperactive due to excitement.

3 Likes

It’s not really that I feel incomplete. More so that I feel horribly lonely.

It also doesn’t help that what romantic experience I have had, isn’t at all positive.

It all started way back in the 6th grade, where I started crushing on this one girl really hard, and didn’t really get over that until my first year of high school.

Towards the end of that same year I got into an actual relationship with another girl, and while I enjoyed it at the time, she was constantly trying to rush things and do things we really shouldn’t have been. It wasn’t until after we split that I learned she never really cared about me to begin with, was insulting me behind my back, and was cheating on me while we were dating.

Since then I’ve had two hopeless crushes that while they’re short lived, they still hurt to go through. Every time I try to tell myself I can’t fall for them because I know how its going to end. If I fall in love with anyone again I’m only setting myself up for failure, disappointment, and pain.

But at the same time feeling the affection of someone else who genuinely cares about me just feels like something I need. At times the loneliness can feel suffocating.

1 Like