The Relationship Topic

What’s the matter? You can’t stand the sight of a strong Nord woman?

7 Likes

Here’s the thing, I just don’t like her. I think she’s nice and everything, but I just don’t feel that way. Plus she did give up on me (that’s why I posted that video), so even if I did, my situation would’ve been bleak.

3 Likes

So, I’ve been in a solid relationship with nobody for a good 15 years, and the future of it looks pretty swell!

10 Likes

Would you say it’s a fact that you’re cheating on nobody?

3 Likes

yes, and no, I’m not cheating, but saying that I’m not cheating on nobody, I am cheating on nobody, but who am I cheating on?

5 Likes

Somebody, obviously. That means you’re not cheating on nobody, but if you’re in a relationship with nobody, and you’re cheating on somebody, that clearly means that you’re also cheating on nobody.

You paradoxical dog, you. :wink:

2 Likes

Wait, we have a relationship topic? In a BIONICLE forum? Something’s off with this. I mean, we’re nerds, so we don’t get girls. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I kind of am remorseful about nerd-rejection, if you can’t tell.

I’m interested in a family someday, but right now, between school and writing, and being part of an active fandom, I don’t have much time for schtuff. There’s a girl that I like, but as of this point I haven’t asked her out because I don’t have the resources to sustain that kind of deal. But when I do, it’s certainly on the to-do list.

4 Likes

I mean, some of us are geeks, some of us are on the forum only for the art.

Anyway. It’s been too long since I posted here… I might go into more detail later, but I will say that I am ‘in talks’ with a girl that has had feelings for me for a long time. I myself am kind of uncertain.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you’ve been, but nerd culture is considered cool now.

8 Likes

You nerds… We geeks were the cool form of uncool before uncool became a thing.

13 Likes

Not the BIONICLE sub-culture. Or the LEGO one in my experience. Most women my age loose all respect for you as a person or a legitimate potential partner if you like LEGO; and I doubt that changes as you get older.

3 Likes

it feels like we’ve had this discussion many times before

8 Likes

We have. Let’s not do it again.

1 Like

You’re fishing in the wrong pond man, find a manic pixie dream girl and use the line “I may grow old, but I’ll never grow up.”

9 Likes

Like, I don’t mean to be rude, but people who say “girls don’t like -insert whatever here-” are over-generalizing a large quantity of people based on experiences they’ve had with a trivial fraction of those people.

It’s almost as misguided as those teenagers that try to sell themselves as “different from the average guy”. To those types I say: stop trying to act like some knight in shining armor, because that’s borderline manipulation and makes you more of a scumbag than usual scumbags.

11 Likes

I try to be myself and hoping girls like me who I am.

Personally I don’t like putting so much effort into impressing a woman. Like, if that’s what a woman needs to get her to like you maybe you shouldn’t be having a relationship with them.

10 Likes

This is exactly how I operate. Besides, if someone likes you at your most average at the stary, seeing you at your best later on might be all it takes to seal the deal. It also helps keep the malicious ones away.

(My foot is cramping while I’m typing so I’m not sure of this is incoherent or not. The pain…)

6 Likes

I can confirm that sometimes this actually works.

4 Likes

You won’t get any help here, I’m still going after the girl that dumped me for the guy she was cheating on me with…

2 Likes

Oof, sorry to hear that, man…

I spent ten minutes trying to think of something reassuring to tell you, but I’ve got nothin’

…Misery loves company? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes