The Relationship Topic

HAH! I’m not in love with anyone anymore! In fact, I’ve given up on love entirely!

that can’t be good

4 Likes

Watching anime to get a girl? That’s going to be very, very counterproductive. The thing about anime is… once you start binge watching… it doesn’t stop

Infatuation, or actual love? Let me tell you, when you spend time with someone, make plans with them, and then they leave for reasons that burn and sting every day and every night, you can feel passionate hatred for them, but all of that hatred needs fuel, and that fuel just happens to be love that we all like to pretend no longer exists afterwards. The best thing you can do in that situation is accept that you still love them despite how bad they destroyed your fragile heart, and then accept that despite that you’re better off without them because of their actions.

Of course, that’s my advice if you just had your heart torn apart because they decided to cheat/manipulate you. If you just had a crush and they didn’t feel the same way, no need to get so bent out of shape. Now, if they were knowingly leading you on in order to extort you, then that’s just messed up. Don’t let that ruin your perception of reality. There are guys and gals that do that everywhere. Despite that, there are also good people if you can just push yourself past your fears.

2 Likes

I can tell you from first hand experience he’s half right. I’ve been watching anime for 11 years now, the first few years you basically watch everything from new releases to the classics. But then you slowly start to watch a few of the new releases and some on going series. Then you finally hit the point to where you’ve basically seen all there is to offer and slolwy stop watching it. Then you realize you should go out more and you’ll meet people and eventually meet someone and have a relationship with them.

3 Likes

Well I’m still waiting for the right girl comes by, but right now I’m still got some weird crushes.

1 Like

You forgot the part after this though. You go on your hiatus, and then a year or two later you happen to see someone talking about an anime that’s apparently really good, you check it out, then you start checking out other great things you missed annnd… cycle starts again. I thought it was done with me so many times, but it just keeps pulling me back in at the last second to give me another pummeling… There is no relationship more brutal than one with anime. Unless it’s Morrowind. SCREE SCREE SCREE

6 Likes

A lot of you have not been in relationships or that many relationships and a lot of you are under the age of 18 so here’s some advice. Don’t get hung up on these breakups, you have yet to experience everything there is to offer when it comes to dating people. If you try to tie yourself down to first person who wants to be in a relationship with you. Then you’re going to regret it later because you never got to experience the joys of dating. So don’t let these breakups get you down use them as a learning experience and move on. Then eventually you’ll meet the one and then you’ll be happy. So basically all of y’all are still young don’t go looking for the “One” right now go and see what’s out there and don’t get hung up on these breakups.

@Tarvaax to be honest I don’t really watch anime anymore like I said 11 years man you start to lose interest like right now I’m only watching dragon ball super just because I grew up on dragon ball and Digimon tri but digimon is every several months when it’s released. I rewatch some anime but that’s on very rare occasions. You do eventually lose interest and want to focus on other things, I’m 20 years old I shifted my focus from watching anime in my free time to going out and meeting people and going on dates.

3 Likes

This is the only relationship that competes with power armor.

Well, that and Todd’s glorious hair.

4 Likes

Morrowind is that girl that constantly kicks you in the face and yells at you ‘‘Filthy S’wit’’, but you still love her anyways.

6 Likes

Lesson for today: Don’t spend excessive amounts of time watching anime, or anything for that matter.

4 Likes

Well I do actually have a girlfriend, unlike most people here. It’s not too serious, because we’ve only been cringes together for a month and a half. I’ve had previous relationships, but I bet you can guess what happened there. She plays a lot of Overwatch and CS, likes sci-fi, and watches anime all the time. We watch a lot of Fullmetal Alchemist and Black Butler together lol

2 Likes

I don’t know about you, but if I had a girlfriend I think that would be very odd choice of anime to watch together.

2 Likes

Meh, I don’t like it all that much but she does so I watch it with her.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “cringes together”?

2 Likes

Do you not do “cringes together” often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don’t

5 Likes

I cringe at the word “together”, because it implies our relationship being serious.

2 Likes

So in my high school theirs this popular app called After School where you can post anonymously about anyone (Don’t worry there is a filter to prevent cyber-bullying/swearing)
Anyway there have been several post made about me from some girl saying how much she really likes me, or she wishes I was bae.(even over winter break)

So now im in a “paranoid” state trying to figure out who this secret admirer is.

6 Likes

The solution is simple, walk up to every girl in your school and ask them out, whoever says yes is the culprit. :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Well that happen to me, twice when a girl say that they liked/loved you it’s code for they just messed to you, that is all.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s someone you also find interesting. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve regretted dating someone who came to me first. Like, I’m a very welcoming person, so if someone comes to me, I’m willing to give them a chance. That said, every single relationship like that eventually developed into a mess (for some reason girls that ask me out first end up being really insecure control freaks who like to take their anger out on me). I now only date girls that I’m interested in, the ones that I ask out, because from my experience I usually pick out the good ones.

2 Likes